QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Journey To Agartha
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Journey To Agartha » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Journey To Agartha Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone know much on this film, or anyone seen it ?.

It looks like a stunning film, from the pictures I have seen. Though it's about £20 for the film for Blu Ray, rather expensive, but if I am dipping that much money in one film I want to know it's a cracking film.

07.31.2013, 03:32 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is the name Children Who Chase Lost Voices was given for UK release, isn't it? I haven't seen it yet, but I do plan to at some point, so I'd like to hear what people say too!

07.31.2013, 05:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nope, the UK release name is as I mentioned. All BD's and DVD's have Journey To Agartha, on the box and title etc.

Yeah, it looks really good.

07.31.2013, 02:08 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was very disappointed with this film. Shinkai was trying to be Miyazaki and failing miserably.

It started off well but then went on and on, rambling on... and the ending was rushed and badly paced. I fell asleep a couple of times near the middle.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.31.2013, 02:18 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh dear, the reviews I have seen have been really good. I am worried now, I have mixed thoughts going into this. I know what it's like falling asleep during a film.

07.31.2013, 03:05 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpideyIncarnated
Nope, the UK release name is as I mentioned. All BD's and DVD's have Journey To Agartha, on the box and title etc.

That's what I meant. For the UK release, they used that title.

Sorry to hear you didn't like it Saddles! I'll probably still check it out at some point, but maybe I'd rather see his newest film first.

07.31.2013, 04:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
NausicaaLover
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.20.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by NausicaaLover Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpideyIncarnated
Anyone know much on this film, or anyone seen it ?.

It looks like a stunning film, from the pictures I have seen. Though it's about £20 for the film for Blu Ray, rather expensive, but if I am dipping that much money in one film I want to know it's a cracking film.

I'm not sure what you mean by a cracking film but I watched this some time ago and it's fine by me. The visual is stunning and the plot is quite entertaining. Just try not to keep a critical eye and ignore all the resemblance to Ghibli movies and I'm pretty sure you could enjoy it

09.16.2013, 01:54 AM NausicaaLover is offline   Profile for NausicaaLover Add NausicaaLover to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shinkai movies are mainly about the visuals (as with his latest: Kotonoha no Niwa), though I didn't mind the plot/pacing of Children Who Chase Lost Voices all that much.

Did anyone see this short by him? http://myanimelist.net/anime/17121/Dareka_no_Manazashi It was nice and sweet. Also short.

09.16.2013, 06:20 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I did, it was really good. I'd sure like to know what happened to mom though.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.16.2013, 08:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks