QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Tavern Anime Guide
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Anime in General Ghibli Tavern Anime Guide Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shingeki is great, but it is gory at times.

Also, I'm going to write a couple of reviews once MyAnimeList is back up (they're currently being hacked or DDOSed or something -.-; ).

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.04.2013, 08:41 AM.

09.04.2013, 07:51 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Hey guys, is Shingeki no Kyojin appropriate? Any ecchi or bad stuff? Is it good?

It is extremely tense and gory, and I have to say it's probably one of the most traumatising shows I've watched - it has absolutely no problem with viciously killing off main characters/innocents.

It is however one of the best shows I have seen in a really long time. Really brilliant and intelligent. I'd say to perhaps watch the first episode and if you're comfortable with the level of things in that you'll probably be fine with whatever other gore occurs in later episodes.

09.04.2013, 06:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Also, I'm going to write a couple of reviews once MyAnimeList is back up (they're currently being hacked or DDOSed or something -.-; ).

Ohhh I didn't realise what was going on! When I was writing those reviews I meant to look there to help me think of things I was maybe forgetting, but it wasn't working. Oh well, hopefully it'll be back up soon...

09.04.2013, 06:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks like myanimelist is back! I might manage to think of a few more recommendations now. By the way, what do people think of allowing non-anime in the "for fans of" section? That might be more useful for unusual anime, and also for people who are really new to anime.

Also, I added saviour to "recommended by" for Darker than Black, as he had also mentioned it earlier. If anyone else wants to be added to the names under any of the entries, just say so!

Post last edited by arren18 on 09.08.2013, 07:13 AM.

09.08.2013, 07:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Triple post :/

Does anybody else have any contributions? I may add some more of my own soon, but it would be much more useful if it includes recommendations from many members!

09.28.2013, 11:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
by listing anime recommended by Ghibli Tavern members

so far I watched like 20 animes, most of them ghibli's, any way, and I stay away from series, so nothing much to recommend, but if I were to suggest something, that would be Patema inverted (for twist after twist through the movie) and 5cm per second (for making me feel very angry at the ending).

edit aaand I missed this:
quote:
please use the following template to lay out your submission

Title: Patema inverted
Alternative titles: サカサマのパテマ
Genre(s): sci-fi
Intended Demographic (if applicable): teens and up, I guess
Studio/Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
# Episodes: 1
Year of Release: 2013
Short Review (brief summary and opinion, avoiding spoilers): as I said, it has some twists, and they keep coming all the way through the film.
Content warnings (e.g. adult material and sensitive topics, if applicable): nope
Other notes (e.g. views commonly held about the anime, or mentions of things like filler, if applicable): RT 5.7, IMDB 7.4
For fans of: I dont know enough animes to fill this one )

Title: 5 cm/s
Alternative titles: 秒速5センチメートル
Genre(s): romantic drama
Intended Demographic (if applicable): adults?
Studio/Director: Makoto Shinkai
# Episodes: 1
Year of Release: 2007
Short Review (brief summary and opinion, avoiding spoilers): imho, it reminds you that right decisions are not at all what your heart says; "do not listen to your heart" should have been this film punch line.
Content warnings (e.g. adult material and sensitive topics, if applicable): nope
Other notes (e.g. views commonly held about the anime, or mentions of things like filler, if applicable): IMDB 7.8, like someone said on youtube "more like 5 wallpapers per second"

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 07.14.2016, 06:11 AM.

07.13.2016, 11:19 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I'm sorry for never getting back to this. I think I overlooked it at the time. Anyway, thanks for the submission!

Do you think you could add a little more of a summary to your review sections? You can take a look at the list thread to see examples. I might adjust some of the formatting also, but with a little more information I'd be happy to add those two.

10.04.2016, 01:12 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well obviously the best way to expand the summaries would be to replace them with wikipedia quotes. I just left there what was the important bits for me that made me recommend these.

since this post I likely doubled the number of titles I watched and probably could add more stuff to the list, but I dont really feel like committed enough to. I mean, it's far easier to just write "I saw XX today, and I liked it" like I just did on "what are you watching" thread, and get the same amount of response.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

10.11.2016, 09:27 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks