QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Education Worlds Rankings
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Education Worlds Rankings » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Education Worlds Rankings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So I though it was a rather interesting topic, considering everyone on here seems to be above average intelligence, which is always good.

Finland
South Korea
Hong Kong
Japan
Singapore
UK
Netherlands
New Zealand
Switzerland
Canada
Ireland
Denmark
Australia
Poland
Germany
Belgium
USA
Hungary
Slovakia
Russia

They were the most recent rankings, now obviously this could cause some arguments, if people are from a Country not ranked highly.

I am German, brought up in England (Dad is Navy) So we moved around a lot, they moved to Germany and that's where I was born.

Finland surprises me, obviously it's a stereotype that Asian countries are higher, but it is right.

08.03.2013, 11:17 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finland is known for having things very well organised so I can believe that. What's the source for this, by the way? I know there are rankings like this for all kinds of topics, but I'm curious who compiled this list.

08.03.2013, 04:53 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here is a link to the news story

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20498356

08.03.2013, 06:06 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How embarrassing! New Zealand is better than Aus.

08.03.2013, 09:25 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now remember, these are based on averages... It doesn't mean individuals...

08.03.2013, 11:18 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked this photo more than the article i guess Western people almost never see anything like this, This happens before every major exam in almost every country in asia. It is because of the large population and not enough job. So in Asia students are made nerd . That list is about education system quality if it was about percentage of good result then all the countries would be asian.

I am glad that my parent do not bug me about study all the time, the nerds simply have no life.After coming to university i have met all kinds of nerds. Nerds who study but do not get better marks, Nerds who study even when they are eating or doing something else etc etc. they are socially awkward too. But life is much simpler to them good result=good job=good salary=good looking wife=good life.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.04.2013, 05:28 AM.

08.04.2013, 05:26 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I was going to mention, but I felt it was obviously.

These are really interesting , Love how USA are 17th.

We spend considerably less of our budget on Education, than a lot of the others in that top 20 list, yet we still remain 6th.

08.04.2013, 05:26 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another thing i forgot to mention is sales of Horlicks or complan boost etc drinks.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

08.04.2013, 01:43 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Meh, erroneous statistics. I know for sure that, despite Singapore being up there, our education standard isn't really the best. In terms of quantity, I can't help but agree. Quality though...

There has been a few articles cropping up recently about the standards of local employees, mainly about their inability to break out of their comfort zone, and a lack of initiative and creativity. But that's what you get when you spend 10+ years of blind memorizing.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.05.2013, 12:31 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
There has been a few articles cropping up recently about the standards of local employees, mainly about their inability to break out of their comfort zone, and a lack of initiative and creativity. But that's what you get when you spend 10+ years of blind memorizing.

yeah recently there has been some stir about it in my country recently too. So to prevent that particular system of blind memorizing important questions from previous years and suggestions, a creative method is now implemented. Now if you cant understand you cant write. If this system succeeds then we might get better workers after 10-20 years. Here is a

COOL LINK

However memorizing is a very very important ability i think,you just should not do it blindly. I have a awful memory.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.05.2013, 01:47 AM.

08.05.2013, 01:43 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks