QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - TV shows
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » TV shows » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  TV showsPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We have a couple movie threads, but I was curious what kind of tv everyone watched. If any? Favourite shows from the past, present, etc.

My top shows that are currently airing new episodes have to be Newsroom and Teen Wolf.

Newsroom is from Aaron Sorkin who did the West Wing (<3) and has a great cast. There is a lot of awkward, spastic banter and cool, random factoids. And it's an interesting look back at real news events from the past few years, as well as into the news world.

Teen Wolf. I can't even with how fun this show is. It's got a little bit of everything (action, horror, mystery, comedy, romance, family). The first season was good, but the latest one (third) is epic.

08.13.2013, 04:32 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do not watch TV shows but watched Sherlock Holmes from BBC as it was great.

X-Files and some other shows from 90s and 00s is my favorite.

as i tend to do things in a row TV shows do not match the system as you have to wait for it.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

08.13.2013, 05:27 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I mostly watch stuff like NCIS, the 'Worlds Dumbest...' series (most of them), Cops, CSI, stuff about nature, Antiques Roadshow (now that I are one, lol), How it's Made, military history shows, things along those lines.
----------------------------------------------------
Not interested in the current glut of so-called 'reality' shows. whether it's Pawn Stars, Repo shows, Storage Hunters, Oddities, Summer Camp, Bridezilla, Honey Boo Boo, and on and on, ad infinitum... >

IMO, ALL of these shows are pure crap... Everything is staged. But some people must like them because the producers keep making them and the stations keep showing them...

08.14.2013, 11:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Not interested in the current glut of so-called 'reality' shows. whether it's Pawn Stars, Repo shows, Storage Hunters, Oddities, Summer Camp, Bridezilla, Honey Boo Boo, and on and on, ad infinitum... >

IMO, ALL of these shows are pure crap... Everything is staged. But some people must like them because the producers keep making them and the stations keep showing them...

Agreed

+1

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.14.2013, 01:27 PM.

08.14.2013, 12:01 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Please, savior, if you are going to quote me, give the entire
quote, thank you...

Husky quote:
"I mostly watch stuff like NCIS, the 'Worlds Dumbest...' series (most of them), Cops, CSI, stuff about nature, Antiques Roadshow (now that I are one, lol), How it's Made, military history shows, things along those lines.
----------------------------------------------------

IMO, ALL of these shows are pure crap... Everything is staged. But some people must like them because the producers keep making them and the stations keep showing them..."
end of quote.

To do otherwise changes the entire meaning of what I actually said...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.14.2013, 01:07 PM.

08.14.2013, 01:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Please, savior, if you are going to quote me, give the entire
quote, thank you...

sorry i actually was going to re-edit it, unintentional mistake.

was busy making a thread

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 08.14.2013, 01:31 PM.

08.14.2013, 01:27 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

BBC Sherlock and Doctor Who are about the only things on TV I'm really interested in... Them, and we've been watching a lot of Spooks lately. Spooks is good. It's about MI5.

Looking forward to the next episodes of Sherlock very much. Doctor Who... not so much. It's been kind of going downhill lately, IMO.

Then it's just quiz shows. Specifically, University Challenge and Only Connect. My parents watch stuff about gardening and history and antiques and cooking, none of which I've got a burning passion for.

When I was a kid I remember watching a show that I imagine is [i]like[i] Teen Wolf (bearing in mind I haven't seen Teen Wolf). It was just... about a guy, in high school, who was a werewolf. Can't remember much about it.

My Anime List

08.14.2013, 01:39 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love BBC Sherlock! I'm really looking forward to the new season. I'm usually a bit skeptical of modern day Sherlock adaptations, but this one is brilliant.

Doctor Who... I never really got. The 10th doctor episodes are on my to-watch list because my friends love him and I guess I'll see after that.

Reality tv is horrid. Though I do love Masterchef (the Aussie version). And some seasons of Amazing Race.

There was a movie in the 80s called Teen Wolf? Which is what this is based on. But yeah... this is my Teen Wolf journey from week to week: http://www.buzzfeed.com/sedem/tumblr-vs-...lf-episode-cjrb

08.14.2013, 03:09 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. I own all three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

08.14.2013, 05:40 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

West Wing, Merlin, Dr. Who, X-files, Supernatural, Murdoch Mysteries, Midsomer Murders, some oldies like Welcome Back, Kotter, A-team, 21 Jump Street...

West Wing
West Wing
West Wing

"Victory is mine, victory is mine, great day in the morning, people, victory is mine ... I drink from the keg of glory, Donna. Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land."
Is it bad I have this memorized and I always use it in times of triumph..?

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 08.14.2013, 06:12 PM.

08.14.2013, 06:07 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What's a "TV"?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.16.2013, 07:36 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
reecetard
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

6 Feet Under anyone?

A bit macabre but simply amazing.

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

08.16.2013, 11:10 AM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stargate
Charmed
True Blood
Vampire Diaries
Practically every cooking programme
Sky Sports
Doctor Who
New Girl
Reaper
Rookie Blue
Big Bang Theory
Rules of Engagement
Star Wars Clone Wars

So many, obviously not all of them are on at the same time, some finish, then another season starts later in the year.

08.18.2013, 11:40 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't own a tv so i watch stuff online. I like How i met your mother, pretty little liars, parenthood, modern family and probably some other stuff too lol.

When i visit my familys home, i sometimes watch the silly reality tv shows like My kitchen rules (a cooking challenge show) and the Block (a renovating show). Both are very popular here, they are pretty drama filled and crappy but it is interesting to see what the contestents create.

08.18.2013, 06:55 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So, I started watching True Blood. I'm enjoying it a good deal more than I expected (as in it's 2:30AM and I think I'm going to watch another episode).

My Anime List

08.26.2013, 09:33 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes Yes Yes, I have started Watching True Blood, it's "Bloody" amazing, ah ah see what I did there.

08.27.2013, 05:07 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Ahaha, yeah, I see what you did there.

I ended up going to bed at 5 because of it. 8D;

My Anime List

08.27.2013, 05:47 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cinemax new series Hunted looks promising.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.27.2013, 07:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My current fave two are Sherlock (BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman) plus New Girl. 3rd seasons for both are coming out in September, very excited!

Oh, and I also enjoy Adventure Time

08.27.2013, 06:06 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

I have heard of Sherlock, I need to check it out. New girl is hilarious, always has me dying of laughter.

08.28.2013, 07:28 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks