QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - in love with Ghibli
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » in love with Ghibli » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.13.13
in love with Ghibli Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Suzana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What do you guyz like most in ghibli films???

Post last edited by Suzana on 08.13.2013, 09:55 AM.

08.13.2013, 09:52 AM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First of all, Welcome to the Tavern, Suzana, we all hope that you like it here.

What do I like most in Ghibli films...

I would have to say, the views of everyday life in a different culture than my own. The general reality (Only Yesterday, Ocean Waves, Whisper) and yes, the unreality (Kiki, Pom Poko) and the combination of both (Totoro, Spirited Away).

These are just some of the reasons that I love Ghibli. It generally makes me feel good inside and, in some cases, reminds me of the Japan that I knew when I was over there in the mid-1960's. I would love to go back and visit again and even see the Ghibli Museum.

08.14.2013, 11:41 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Suzana
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Suzana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, and i really like it here!!!
Thanks for the answer

08.16.2013, 08:01 AM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's anime and not from hollywood.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.16.2013, 11:22 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

^ That right there.

08.16.2013, 11:33 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Suzana
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Suzana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I didn't say nothing about hollywood, and i don't get your point.

08.19.2013, 06:58 AM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I should let Roar explain himself, but what I take from his statement is that Ghibli films are different from Hollywood made films.
One aspect that I see is, look at "Cars" and "Planes" and "Smurfs2". A lot of activity, the films are busy where Ghibli films are more laid back, tell a story without the rush, rush, rush.

08.19.2013, 11:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay... I like ghibli because

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.20.2013, 12:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Suzana
Kodama

Husky i guess you're right, i didn't understood it. And i agree with your compare of ghibli and the onthers.
okay Roar..

08.20.2013, 11:20 AM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's an escape, from the troubles of reality. It's not too far an escape so you don't think you will come back, but it's enough to clear your troubles.

It's easy to get into and just sit back and watch a Ghibli film, they are all unique and interesting.

Yeah, seeing life from a different respective (culture), is fun, we are only shown mainstream in other films.

08.26.2013, 06:53 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks