QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - i want spirited away 2nd
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » i want spirited away 2nd » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.22.13
i want spirited away 2nd Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by metta fransisca Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there is no reasons to not make the second movie of spirited away, everyone will love it and have got mad after watch spirited away biter-sweet-breakingheart ending..
you must be create it soon.... i have wait from 2001 till now, 2013..! >

08.22.2013, 03:37 AM metta fransisca is offline   Profile for metta fransisca Add metta fransisca to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi! Welcome to our fourum!

I think it would be great to see more about spirited away, but like a lot of people on this forum i felt very content with spirited away that i don't feel it needs another movie.

08.22.2013, 09:59 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, metta, but don't hold your breath waiting for a Spirited Away 2 as I don't believe it will ever happen...

08.22.2013, 12:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Suzana
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.13.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Suzana Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would be nice, but i don't think that it's gonna happen..

08.23.2013, 07:32 AM Suzana is offline   Profile for Suzana Add Suzana to your buddy list
kbtilly
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.25.13
There could be a sequel if someone would read this...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kbtilly Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If you want to read a potential Spirited Away 2 (Not made by me) then please go to this link and read the 26 chapters someone has made. I have just finished reading it myself and if the producers of Spirited Away would read it as well, I hope it has the potential of being a sequel (please note that the story is set 12 years into the future, when Chihiro herself is 22, so the character is not quite the same).

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3261432/1/Sp...he-Spirit-World

Post last edited by kbtilly on 08.25.2013, 05:54 PM.

08.25.2013, 05:53 PM kbtilly is offline   Profile for kbtilly Add kbtilly to your buddy list
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The cliffhanger at the end of Spirited Away is part of the satisfaction for me - it allows you to imagine for yourself what happens next. I'm personally anti-sequel - I think a second part would ruin such a classic.

08.26.2013, 05:04 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree. I like the inconclusive ending of Porco for the same reasons.

Some people clamour for a Mononoke sequel for the same reasons but Miyazaki would never make one, its not his style.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.26.2013, 06:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well I have heard that we are getting a Nausicaa Sequel, apparently we are to have two more Nausicaa films, so maybe we could get sequels to some other films ?

08.26.2013, 06:39 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
leonbloy
Warawara

Registration Date: 10.26.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by leonbloy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by ~OneSummersDay~
The cliffhanger at the end of Spirited Away is part of the satisfaction for me - it allows you to imagine for yourself what happens next. I'm personally anti-sequel - I think a second part would ruin such a classic.

+1

08.26.2013, 10:09 AM leonbloy is offline   Profile for leonbloy Add leonbloy to your buddy list Homepage of leonbloy
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must admit that, generally speaking, I dislike sequels, Star Wars being an exception...

I love the endings that we have so far in any of the Ghibli films, except for the sadness in GotF...

That being said, anything from Ghibli IMO would be good, I think the quality would not suffer and it would give us fans more films to watch...

08.26.2013, 01:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Movies like Star Wars are meant to have sequels, as is the nature of the complicated storyline (like the LOTR trilogy as well), but I think that, as Saddletank said, Miyazaki's style is totally different to this...more, compact?

I think this is where Disney screwed up - most of their sequels are pretty awful in my opinion...the original charm and heart isn't there, as the point is to give fans new material/make more money, ultimately. (Just to clarify, I did really like some of the sequels, such as Simba's Pride, but most others weren't worth watching again in my eyes)

SpideyIncarnated, where did you hear about the other Nausicaa films?

08.26.2013, 06:24 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks