QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Daily Discussion!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Daily Discussion! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Eastern Hognoses. If you get bit, you'll just swell up a bit. I've never been bit by a snake, luckily. All my snakes love me too much to bite. They always bite my dad, though...

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 09.16.2013, 08:34 PM.

09.16.2013, 08:34 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
DailyDiscussion
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.15.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DailyDiscussion Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha ha! I'm pleased to inform you that I am 100% human!

I guess I should have informed you of my intentions. This is a part of a school project. In a month, I am going to come back to this thread and ask you how much this 'thread' has helped you learn about other members of this forum, based on a scale of 1-10, and also your opinion on a few questions. I am doing this on several other tight-knit/small-community forums. I am pleased to inform you that after reading a few pages of the most recent 'threads' in each of the three subcategories, I have only ruled out one member whose data I will not use. I will not specify who it is, but I have notice he/she is not friendly. This is fantastic, as on other forums I have had to make lists of 3-8 people to exclude. This is an extremely friendly online community.

I will keep reading this 'thread' regularly, but I will try not to participate and deter the 'thread' from the original subject. Please read this and continue discussing today's "DailyD"

Also, I created this username to keep this account professional, because, as I said, it is for school. Admins, please do not delete my account, I am human. I am also not a part of this forum, unfortunately. I apologize if I mislead any of you.

Thank you very much!
~DD

Post last edited by DailyDiscussion on 09.16.2013, 09:41 PM.

09.16.2013, 09:37 PM DailyDiscussion is offline   Profile for DailyDiscussion Add DailyDiscussion to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, pleased to know you're a real person. ^^ We get a lot of survey for school type stuff relating to Ghibli but this is the first time we've had something like this! Sounds interesting. What made you pick the Tavern for it, if you don't mind me asking? (we'll try and keep the momentum going, but we're a pretty small community and we all get busy from time to time)

Anyway I vote we use GMT +0 as a standard for when it's a new day. Simplifies things a bit?

Also, that means new topic. What's one short term and one long term goal you have and are actively working towards?

Short: Not be lazy about daily workouts and healthy eating. I AM SOOO LAZY. Anyway. I'm trying really hard to stick to weekly routines. My body is a temple and all.

Long: To always be learning languages I don't know (French atm, Korean before that, and a few others before). I usually learn bits and pieces, some grammar... get to the point where I can understand a native speaker and sort of communicate back. It's great because I end up learning a lot more than just the language. ^^

09.16.2013, 10:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, a different discussion every day? I can hardly keep up! I'm also curious about how you found our forum, DailyDiscussion. I don't even know how I would go about looking for tight-knit community forums... I'm glad you're not a robot though. On the other hand, it would be interesting if robots started patrolling webforums to initiate constructive discussions, instead of spam.

In the short term, I'm looking to change my sleep schedule, with a target of waking to the sunrise every morning. I was making good progress toward that, until I started staying up late to meet approaching deadlines. Nonetheless, I'm shooting for a reset by about Friday toward 7:00 AM so that I'll be back on track.

In the long term... Well, I'm shooting to graduate, of course. And after that, I guess I want my life to slow down a little. I'm not sure how to go about that though

Post last edited by Mush on 09.17.2013, 12:56 AM.

09.17.2013, 12:52 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DailyDiscussion
I have only ruled out one member whose data I will not use. I will not specify who it is, but I have notice he/she is not friendly.

That is probably me , don't worry i do not mind.

Pleased that you revealed yourself, as i was getting a feeling that saddle was suspecting i made a second account. It is that you posted religion as the first subject which is one of my favorite topic.

Actually we already have two[three i my opinion] daily discussion threads. Highlight of your day, what are you doing now or something similar and a random thought thread.

We already know big details about one another and even saw pictures. I do not think other than the minor detail we will know something very striking about one another.

Schools thinks forum communities can provide real data for a project[experiment or analysis] that is interesting to hear.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

09.17.2013, 02:21 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Mush
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The difference is that in this thread, the first person to post on a day defines the subject that everyone will be talking about. In the other threads, people change topics at will.

Do you have any goals, saviour?

09.17.2013, 10:14 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush

Do you have any goals, saviour?

about what?

if you mean my goal here , then i have none i just like people[only people not all of their habit] of different cultures.

edit:who saw it forget about it

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.17.2013, 12:59 PM.

09.17.2013, 11:00 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A school project? That's cool. I'm also curious as to how you came along this forum.

Short: Gain at least 3 Ibs by 2014 (it doesn't sound like much, but... it is hard...)

Long: I don't now, I have a lot... I'd have to say a proper education and a straight spine.

Post last edited by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g on 09.17.2013, 03:58 PM.

09.17.2013, 03:58 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My goals...

just turned 67, hope to be around for at least a few years longer, maybe see some of my grandkids grown...

hoping to be able to continue to help my daughter where I can...

other than that, not much at this time... The, biggest part of my life is over (I doubt that I will reach 135, lol) so I will try to enjoy what I have left...

09.17.2013, 05:39 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mush
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 about what?
Short and long term goals, along the lines of today's discussion.

Husky, that's so fatalistic! ^^ You're still young. There's no reason not to look ahead to the long term!

Post last edited by Mush on 09.18.2013, 11:51 AM.

09.18.2013, 11:49 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Mush
quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012 about what?
Short and long term goals, along the lines of today's discussion.

Husky, that's so fatalistic! ^^ You're still young. There's no reason not to look ahead to the long term!

i wrote them first then thought if i was doing something wrong[they were very much along the line of showing off] to post them here if you saw those forget and if you did not then good for everyone.

I have a pretty simple goal in life, to be happy and pious.

and short term goals are not to disappoint my relatives and not to do something bad that my parents will feel ashamed about or cry.

actually i am aggressive in my moves and sometimes that might cost me many things[such as there is violent student politics in the universities of my country and i do not like their works at all but had to shut my mouth up in front of them or i will get beaten[was beaten lightly] up badly]. My family want me to be a reliable person, i am, but i am kind of rebellious in certain occasions. as my family knows that they tend to be worried all the time.

sorry if i bore you.

09.18.2013, 12:32 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Short term goals? Get into university. Get in better shape. Get a job.

Long term? Travel. Fall in love.

My Anime List

09.18.2013, 12:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DailyDiscussion
I am pleased to inform you that after reading a few pages of the most recent 'threads' in each of the three subcategories, I have only ruled out one member whose data I will not use. I will not specify who it is, but I have notice he/she is not friendly. This is fantastic, as on other forums I have had to make lists of 3-8 people to exclude. This is an extremely friendly online community.

I argue that outliers are still part of the statistics. Also, considering human nature, excluding bad behaviour would create a false outcome, me thinks.

Also, it doesn't seem like we even have a topic anymore. I wonder why

Anyway, I can collaborate his being a non-member. The nearest ones we have are husky and San, and their IPs don't match.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.19.2013, 09:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ohmu

Um, new discussion?

Favorite food?

Mine's simple; a nice, juicy, rare lamb steak, grilled. Hopefully with a big marrow bone.

09.19.2013, 06:20 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Custard tarts. I freaking adore custard tarts.

My Anime List

09.19.2013, 07:02 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg food is amazing. How could I possibly pick one or even ten. I'd need like a top 100 list. >_> I love trying new food too, so always finding things.

I guess one of my favourites is sushi. High quality sushi can be orgasmic. Also souffle. Cause warm and fluffy and preferably chocolate.

09.19.2013, 09:05 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A nice medium rare steak with a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives... or Sukiyaki with Maguro sashimi... yummy for my tummy...

09.19.2013, 09:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

I am on the verge of obesity. I should be about 61-64 kgs where i am 67-68.if i am 69-70 then i am obese. i actually controlled it at 64-65 for sometime but i just can not resist good food. i heard that professional actors tend to do exercise if they eat something that has a lot of calories. i know now why they do that. my favorite is this one

Biryani

it is not very healthy in my opinion. lots of oil, spice and other things. But taste is just not describable by word. i think roar also ate this but the rice in my country is different so the taste varies. It also depends on the cook who makes it. If you like to eat this like me you can add 1kg weight [food + water + softdrinks ] in one meal. but still it is worth it.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.20.2013, 02:47 PM.

09.20.2013, 02:23 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

I LOVE biryani. It's my favourite south asian food.

09.21.2013, 12:48 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

70 kg is obese?! I weigh about 68 kg, and I think I am skinnier than anyone I have ever met in my entire life. I am also very tall, but still. In America, I don't think you would ever be considered obese until you were well over 100 kg.

Food is awesome! I have become a huge sushi fan lately, due to living in Japan and right next to the ocean. The sushi around here is amazing. Although I can only handle wasabi in very small amounts, otherwise I feel like it overwhelms the other flavors.

I also really love Southeast and South Asian food. Thai and Indian are some of my favorites. One time I tried Caribbean food, which somehow has a lot of Indian influence, and it was the most incredible dining experience of my life. I had a kind of curry wrap called a roti, and it was so spicy I nearly died, but so delicious I couldn't stop eating. I cried tears of pain and joy through the whole meal. I am tempted to call it my favorite cuisine of all time, but I'm also kind of afraid to try it again.

09.21.2013, 01:48 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks