QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Daily Discussion!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Daily Discussion! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
70 kg is obese?! I weigh about 68 kg, and I think I am skinnier than anyone I have ever met in my entire life. I am also very tall, but still. In America, I don't think you would ever be considered obese until you were well over 100 kg.

I think what you mean is called fat in my country. two types of obesity one type who is lightly overweight and another type who is ........

i am 5'6 so being 70 is bad for me. i want to be 62-64 so i can run like roar

however sometimes i eat as much as i like

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 09.21.2013, 02:01 AM.

09.21.2013, 02:00 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Except I weigh 52kg at most. Probably the only one lighter than me is San, who is only 14 anyway.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.21.2013, 03:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Except I weigh 52kg at most. Probably the only one lighter than me is San, who is only 14 anyway.

i wont comment. but what the .........

i have been never that skinny[comparative not by weight] in my entire life.

i have to say my digestion power is good.[alhamdulillah]

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

09.21.2013, 07:38 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

How tall are you Roar? BMI Battle!!

09.21.2013, 07:50 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Blaze♥
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 08.14.13
  My videosPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Blaze♥ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli videos are fine, but hijacking a thread to do so is called advertising.
-Master of this Universe

Sowwy I wont do it again..

Post last edited by Blaze♥ on 09.27.2013, 03:31 PM.

09.21.2013, 09:58 AM Blaze♥ is offline   Profile for Blaze♥ Add Blaze♥ to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
How tall are you Roar? BMI Battle!!

Well okay, and you.

I'm about 1.7m tall, and also, I'm a "little" more buff than you guys would imagine me to be. I don't think displaying me à la töpléss is appropriate here though, so you guys just have to trust me. Or hunt for my Sasuke video.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.21.2013, 10:17 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL at the use of the word buff. To me it means naked, as in "in the buff".

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.21.2013, 12:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
LOL at the use of the word buff. To me it means naked, as in "in the buff".

Lol!
"I'm a "little" more naked than you guys would imagine me to be."
Oh my god I can't stop laughing!

09.21.2013, 04:38 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Well okay, and you.

I'm 192 cm tall and weigh about 68 kg, which gives me a BMI of just slightly over 18. Which is technically considered underweight, but I eat all the time, I just have a really extreme body type.

09.21.2013, 06:12 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Buff = muscular

@Orphic: I win, just barely, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.21.2013, 10:02 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

San is only 14kg!!!!

Wow!!!

09.22.2013, 01:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nonononono. But my BMI is 13...

09.22.2013, 10:58 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am what is termed 'morbidly obese'.
My BMI is 46.2

I know, that is a number higher than most of you are old... lol

unfortunately, because of the meds I am taking, I am told to not diet aggressively because some of the most healthful foods, (greens, etc) adversely affect some of the meds. I really do not eat as much as you might think. The weight crept up on me over the years until I suddenly realized, "oh crap!". For decades, I was stable at abt 225 lbs, but I could still touch my toes and run fast enough to catch my pre-teen sons in a chase. Then I went in for a check-up and my weight was 250. I have been higher than 310lbs at one point, but I'm lower now...

09.22.2013, 11:17 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Mine is 24.80[yeah i did not resist for the last couple of days]

09.22.2013, 11:30 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

@husky: If greens are countering your meds, then I like to know how legit those meds are in the first place. Like, seriously.

@san: I heard on the radio about how a certain liver ailment can cause someone to not gain weight no matter what. Is that what your condition is?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.22.2013, 11:35 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Ohmu

I was diagnosed with the Failure to Thrive. I haven't really read up on it, though.

09.22.2013, 12:50 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok, I think it's a new day, so... Today's discussion will be about friends!

09.22.2013, 02:02 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Mush

come to think of it you have not taken part in any of the topics. but gave two subjects

i have many many friends. some of them are close. got no best friend/s sort of thing. and i tend to forget people's name if i do not interact with them. this caused embarrassing moment many times.

09.22.2013, 11:47 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

I have a large number of friends that I enjoy spending time with.

@Roar
I take a blood-thinner called Warfarin that Vitamin K reduces the effectiveness of this med. Unfortunately, Vitamin K is in a lot of greens... I eat some, but I have to maintain a balance...

@San
hahaha, the last time I heard that term was when my youngest son was newborn. After a month at home he had only gained 5 ounces and was diagnosed as a Failure to Thrive baby. He was nursing properly just not getting enough of mamma's milk. There was an organization called "The Leche League" and they set us up with a little bottle of formula with a tube so that as he nursed on mamma he also nursed on the tube. He was then gaining weight properly. He is now 6'1".

09.23.2013, 01:38 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mush

A lot of my friends these days I have met over the internet and recently when a certain subject that held a few of us together was over we lost contact. I had only that particular forum by which to stay in touch and it brought home to me the peculiar subject of internet friendships. You actually never know a person at all except via their input into your common interest(s).

There are several Tavern members I would really truly love to meet face to face and get to know because I have so much respect for them and I'm itching to know them better but I ever doubt it would happen due to the vastness of the globe.

I have a few friends who I have met via face-to-face interests but even then our closeness is usually limited by those interests. If I don't go along to events for a while I'll lose contact with them as well.

Its brought home to me that probably the only true close friend I have now is my daughter.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.23.2013, 07:34 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks