QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Revolutionary Girl Utena
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Revolutionary Girl Utena » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought this was a nice picture, using a more modern style. Maybe those 2010 eyes and open mouthed grins make them a bit too moe-like but I liked it. At least they look happy.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.25.2014, 01:05 PM.

01.25.2014, 09:24 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can't see it I'm afraid! From the replacement image it shows I think there should be other useable links on the original page?

01.25.2014, 11:06 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fixed!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.25.2014, 01:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like it! It's cutesier than the series artwork, but doesn't strike me as particularly moe.

Here's some random stuff I found, they may be kind of huge though:

01.25.2014, 07:24 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now I can see it, I really like the one Saddles posted! I've seen it before actually, and I think the style works pretty well.

I also like the Juri picture in Orphic's post a lot. It's so elaborate and looks really cool.

01.26.2014, 03:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Those are impressive Orphic. Like Arren I especially like the Juri one, so intricate and colourful. It took me a while to realise it's a rose she is floating above. The first one is nice too - it feels like someone took a brass rubbing from a medieval tomb and made a modern picture from it. Utena meets Jeanne d'Arc maybe.

The last one is dreamlike and very sensual. The different clothing works well too, I like how the outfits mirror each other.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.26.2014, 08:16 AM.

01.26.2014, 08:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

So today I was in the same Book-Off that had that really expensive soundtrack boxset. They still had it, unsurprisingly since I didn't expect them to sell it at such a high price, but I spotted that they also had individually the second CD of the soundtrack. It mainly covers the Black Rose arc, which features most of my favourite tracks, and it was pretty cheap, so I got it!

03.01.2014, 12:20 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I love that one of Juri too, Orphic. Nice find!

I don't actually remember much of the RGU ost...

You guys are making me want to rewatch though. The first time was so long ago, the series is a bit of a blur in my head.

03.01.2014, 06:55 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

You should! Then you can join the growing group of people frequenting this thread.

03.02.2014, 01:33 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi the series is a bit of a blur in my head.
Ha. I watched it recently and the same applies!

EDIT: I found another very good amv.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.02.2014, 11:20 AM.

03.02.2014, 06:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

I might've seen this picture before, but I don't believe it's appeared in this thread, so without further ado, here's something that was posted by the Utena Facebook page:

03.29.2014, 03:16 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mark Watches is watching Utena. Highly recommended for fans of the show. I had never heard of him before, but he seems like kind of a big deal; each post so far has attracted hundreds of comments.

Pretty much it's just this guy going into the series blind and posting reactions after each episode. So far he's done one episode per day. He's only on Episode 5, but because he has a sizable fanbase and has done this kind of thing many times before, it's highly unlikely that his rigorous posting schedule will change or that he will drop out halfway through the show. So it'll be reallllyyyy interesting to see his reaction to later episodes.

05.24.2014, 03:42 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

A nice surprise to see somebody blogging for the whole thing, and appearing to stick to it. I had a look at it though, and unfortunately I don't really like the way he writes. It's a bit too... loud? Maybe I'll take a look when it gets to particular episodes I'm more curious about.

05.24.2014, 04:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Yes, he's very loud. I think it's sort of his shtick? It's not my favorite style of writing in the world but I guess it doesn't bother me too much. Mostly I'm hoping this will stir up some more enthusiasm for the show around the internet, maybe inspire some people to give the show a chance.

Also I should add that a lot of the comments are thoughtful, extensive, and worth reading.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 05.24.2014, 06:07 AM.

05.24.2014, 05:59 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for the heads up. I'll follow this.

I saw under previous shows that he's done "I, Claudius" which surprised me - the guy has wide-ranging interests.

@ Arren - thanks for posting that picture as well. I like the way the collapsing castle becomes Anthy's dress and vice-versa and as bits break off they form roses. Very nicely done.

You know... I should probably watch Utena again some time soon.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 05.24.2014, 08:13 AM.

05.24.2014, 08:12 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Orphic, where are you these days? If you're still in Japan and you're interested in figures at all, maybe this will be to your liking. It's surprising to see a new Utena figure in 2014 (there's actually another, much fancier one later in the year) so for that reason alone it's pretty cool.

Post last edited by arren18 on 05.25.2014, 03:49 AM.

05.25.2014, 03:49 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Orphic Okapi
Baron

I'm still in Japan. And I am very interested in getting one of those.

05.25.2014, 09:48 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Hey guys guess what figure I totally won from an arcade machine today

07.08.2014, 12:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Utena figure?

07.08.2014, 01:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yep! Here's the evidence:

07.11.2014, 07:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  3  4  5  6  7  8    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks