QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Windaria - Studio Ghibli?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Windaria - Studio Ghibli? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Windaria - Studio Ghibli?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I found this movie, reminds me of a certain Studio Ghibli Movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVY5tm_qqI

Tell me what you think or if you no why.

P.s. Go to 1:06:48 if you cant figure it out what Studio Ghibli Movie

12.11.2013, 09:30 AM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen it yet but just from the uploader's description I'd say Nausicaa. Finding these things makes me realise how much good anime is out there from the 80s and 90s I've not heard of, let alone seen.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.11.2013, 09:57 AM.

12.11.2013, 09:54 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that does fit the description. I had thought Mononoke as well, but really just because of the fantasy setting. Was this film well-known when it was released? I don't think I've ever heard of it.

12.11.2013, 09:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Windaria was released in 1986, Nausicaa in 1984, Mononoke in 1997 so I'd say its definitely clinging onto Nausicaa's coat-tails. I've watched the first few minutes and it even has art and colours and a fantasy world like Nausicaa's. I'll definitely watch it later, it seems well-made.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 12.11.2013, 10:01 AM.

12.11.2013, 10:00 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah yes, that does make sense. I didn't look at the date.

12.11.2013, 10:05 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks