QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Exchange to the U.K and travel Advice
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Exchange to the U.K and travel Advice » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Exchange to the U.K and travel AdvicePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been on the Tavern for a long time, but I remember that quite a few of the members here are British or European, so I thought I would tap into local knowledge..

I am currently in the process of applying for exchange at the University of East Anglia at Norwich, for later this year (September), and I hope to fit in a fair bit of travel, not just throughout the U.K but before semester begins. My finances are limited so I thought of doing some wwoof-ing (willing workers on organic farms) which a few of my mates have done and said was awesome, and there are some amazing farms to work at too.

Basically I'm just after advise about hidden gems to see, particularly around the U.K, which I'll be calling home for awhile.

I'm also on a budget, but want to see as much as possible (common dilemma..), I want to steer clear of commercial tours, where the tourists get ridden off everyday or line up for hours to see statues.

I should be in Europe from around August through to late January.

So there is a fair bit to organise, but yeah any tips, warnings and advise would be very welcome!!

Post last edited by Farren on 01.03.2014, 06:38 AM.

01.03.2014, 06:36 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds very exciting! I'm sure you will have lots of fun. If you happen to be on youth allowance, supposedly you can still be on it during exchange because you are still enrolled at your university.

01.12.2014, 12:41 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

London, it's busy but there is lots to do. Stay clear of the more popular museums as they are so packed.

Hyde park is lovely
London Eye
Chinatown

There is a cinema in China town that plays Studio Ghibli films every Sunday .

Cornwall and Devon are nice.

It depends what you want ?.....

01.14.2014, 05:09 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpideyIncarnated
There is a cinema in China town that plays Studio Ghibli films every Sunday .

In japanese?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.15.2014, 12:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haha I haven't been yet, getting into London is a pain in the arse and expensive for a student. Plus on a Sunday, trains aren't frequent. I do plan to go sometime, but not for a while.

I think they are in Japanese actually , it's literally a special haven for us haha. They are an independent cinema, so they do awesome marathons.

01.16.2014, 06:05 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Koda
Ohmu

They obviously are popular, they are showing them on Thursdays as well wow.

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/event...ghiblithursdays

I might see if I can go see Whisper of the heart, I'd love to see that on the big screen. Now to find someone to go with :/. All my friends work on Thursdays

01.16.2014, 06:08 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks