QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - hello
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » hello » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
carly28
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
helloPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ok so im bored as hell. What do u guys do for entertainment

01.09.2014, 05:46 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ANIME!!! Reading...

or I work on researching the history of the area where I live. I have been known as an amateur historian for 15 yrs or so... Interesting, really. Yesterday, I went to check out a possible connection between two businesses in my town. Found out there wasn't any connection, but found out that one of the business's was once owned by another diner at the one business I was checking out. Turns out that I casually know the woman and she has agreed to be interviewed by me...

And a place where I am going on Monday to interview a company president. His company's main building was once a major bank bldg. that also took over two adjacent bldgs., one a post office and the other a bar. It turns out that they have a picture of the previous banks owners inside the building with Albert Einstein of all people... I have been promised a copy of this picture...

carly, you need to find something that you are interested in that will hold your interest, whether it be fishing, reading, collecting things or any number of things. Even doing things like helping out at a food kitchen or assisting elders or other disabled persons.

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.09.2014, 09:09 PM.

01.09.2014, 09:02 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do personal projects for entertainment.[hardware & software][however i only do hardware when i have money]

I think you need a important hobby to be entertained.[that may be a blog too]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.10.2014, 04:39 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Stoning in front of the screen. General hobby for most of us, I think.

Occasionally I work on craft projects, either for art or engineering, involving mainly cardboard because it's so easy to work with. I'm trying to do more serious works, but budget constraints are a pain.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.10.2014, 05:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cooking and baking, and then eating

01.10.2014, 06:29 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Cooking and baking, and then eating

teach us some

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

01.10.2014, 11:57 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
carly28
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha ha. I burlesque dance in my free time and I love cake decorating. I'm not completely hobbyless I guess.

My young daughter keeps me busy in the day but when she goes bed I can't help but think hmmmmmm. Wat to do. I generally come and look on here but most ppl are not online ha ha.

01.10.2014, 05:29 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahahaha, only burlesque dance I've ever done was one night at the "F St theater" back in the mid-60's. I was hypnotized and told I was 'Gypsy Rose Lee' and they started the bump and grind music (did I mention that it was a burlesque theater?) I was doing pretty well until I started to unbutton my levi's and the hypnotist stopped me. weird evening.

I ended the evening back in the audience by yelling out "Arf, arf!" when the guy said the words "My dog Spot". Later brought backstage to be de-hypno'ed, so to speak...

01.10.2014, 06:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rofl that sounds hilarious. I always wonderd if hyponotysm really works

Obv yes lol

01.11.2014, 03:58 AM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by carly28
Rofl that sounds hilarious. I always wonderd if hyponotysm really works

Obv yes lol

only[should] works when you want to be ...

01.11.2014, 05:11 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Actually, a lot depends on the subject and the hypnotist. I and the others with me that evening were part of a group that were hypnotized collectively, then the ones who had responded ere brought up on stage. I was totally aware of everything that was going on and even had free thought.

We did some routine things like being asked our names, the hypnotist told us we had forgotten our names and couldn't say them. I was unable to say my name! I tried and I tried, but I just couldn't say it. ( a bad side affect from this was a mild case of stuttering over the next few years, which I had never done before). We were told that when he told a ghost story, whenever he said the word 'ghost' we would feel a cold, clammy hand grab the back of our necks. He did and I did. We all reacted to it, and I dove behind the curtain and came out with a piece of wood (which was taken from me) and he went on with his story.

The burlesque dance thing, we were all told that we were different famous strippers; Gypsy Rose Lee, Candi Barr, etc.
While the music played we did our best to do the 'bump and grind' thing, which got a lot of laughs. I had my shirt un-buttoned and 'danced' with the edge of the curtain and got to the pants when stopped. Later, after being given the post-hypnotic command that while listening to his story about his dog, when ever I heard the words "my dog Spot", I would jump up from my audience seat and shout, "Arf, Arf".

While sitting back in the audience, I was aware of the post-hypnotic command and told myself that I wasn't going to react when I heard his 'command' words. I gritted my teeth and held on to the arms of my seat tightly. And yet, when he said those magic words, up I went shouting Arf, Arf... After the show was over, we were all taken aside and while back stage, given a 'wake-up' command that was supposed to completely remove us from our state off hypnosis. The only way that I can describe my whole experience that night is that it was like being mildly drunk or euphoric and suggestible to different actions that I might not have done while 'sober'. I mean, let's face it, it ain't easy to get up in front of an audience and do things where people laugh at you... At least it wasn't back then when I was 21.

I learned over the years about the different stages of hypnosis and I had been in the lightest level that night. Aware, but susceptible to suggestion. The deepest level is the catatonic state in which you are totally out. This is where you can be made to do things that you might not otherwise do. This, in my understanding, usually occurs after many sessions with the hypnotist. It is at times like this that a subject may be put 'under' by a mere snap of the fingers or a command word.

I was hypnotized one other time by a doctor to try and help me to quit smoking and it did work to some extant, but later when I changed jobs and was sitting for hours in the dark working security, I started up again out of boredom...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.11.2014, 01:05 PM.

01.11.2014, 12:52 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

I just watched The TV Documentary "THE BRAINWASH" a curiosity project on discovery.

The guy DID KILL THE VICTIM WITHOUT KNOWING.

IT LITERALLY MEANS YOU CAN PROGRAM A PERSON.

Thats a shock

still all of it depends on the person practically. So one should never let himself to get hypnotized.[ for me i wont let even doctors do it]one code can change your life.LOL

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.11.2014, 01:55 PM.

01.11.2014, 01:54 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
IT LITERALLY MEANS YOU CAN PROGRAM A PERSON.

You made me look up inception memes.

This one blows your mind.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.11.2014, 11:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
This one blows your mind.

The order is important

01.12.2014, 03:15 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
carly28
Tanuki

Is there a college I can learn this stuff lmfao

01.12.2014, 05:50 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Hypnotism in general, from what I know, is only taught in schools under psychology as a means of healing. The usefulness of hypnotherapy is still under debate, but it is at least a recognized skill now compared to in the past.

Also, it's really a lot harder than they make it look in the movies.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.12.2014, 09:19 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Carly, I don't want to sound like a misery, but that's an awfully big image in your sig. It would help if you made it smaller. I think we have some sig image size rules somewhere on the forum. It might be 150 px high x 500 wide or something like that. Cal, yours is a bit big too.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.12.2014, 10:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Hi Carly, I don't want to sound like a misery, but that's an awfully big image in your sig. It would help if you made it smaller. I think we have some sig image size rules somewhere on the forum. It might be 150 px high x 500 wide or something like that. Cal, yours is a bit big too.

The limit is 600x400. Calcifer is taking up 420x263, well within the limit actually. Not that I remember why though, we had that discussion like almost a decade ago. Something to do with general screen size I think.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.13.2014, 07:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, it probably looks larger because of the bright colors...

01.13.2014, 01:10 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
carly28
Tanuki

Sorry guys. I basically do all this on my tablet so don't reallyknow what's what with my images?

Is it ok for me to keep or do I need to change it?

01.13.2014, 03:05 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks