QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime in the Cinema
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime in the Cinema » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Anime in the CinemaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone seen any Anime films in the cinema ?

I have seen From Up On Poppy Hill, the same cinema showed Wolf Children as well a few months back but I was going away so I couldn't see it.

I am hoping they will have The Wind Rises on in March

01.25.2014, 06:55 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen most of the Ghibli films this way, thanks to the Toronto International Film Festival, which has had Ghibli series where subtitled version of all the films are shown at their main venue.

They also seem to have an agreement to show the newer films (Poppy Hill, Wind Rises) much earlier than their official English releases.

It's a good time to be a Ghibli fan in Toronto.

01.25.2014, 08:09 PM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen quite a few. There's a group that does anime film festivals in Glasgow and Edinburgh twice a year, so there are several I've seen that way. One of the local cinemas also has the likes of Ghibli films and other famous ones like Akira from time to time. I've also gone to Kaze Tachinu and Kaguya-hime while being here.

01.26.2014, 03:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks