QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HELP!! Urgently need a Ghibli quote!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » HELP!! Urgently need a Ghibli quote!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.12.14
HELP!! Urgently need a Ghibli quote!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by theViolinMaker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone, sorry for barging into this forum as a complete newbie and making such an urgent subject, but I could realllly use some help!

I sort of just realized that Valentine's Day is in 2 days, and I haven't gotten my girlfriend a present... so I was going to order something for her online, and attach a message to it.

Since we watched quite a few Ghibli movies together, I thought it would be cute to quote one as my message... our absolute favorite movie that we watched together was Whisper of the Heart, and as a result of it I'm an aspiring violin-maker/violinist. If anyone can suggest a quote from that, it would be awesome! Or perhaps Howl's Moving castle... or maybe someone here is just creative and has an idea for something else I can write, but that still somehow relates to one of these movies...

Please hear my tale of woe and have mercy upon this desperate newbie of 1 post, who has come in search of advice.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer me, and if you can give me a hand, I shall love you forever (though to a sliiiightly less degree than my girlfriend )

02.12.2014, 03:32 AM theViolinMaker is offline   Profile for theViolinMaker Add theViolinMaker to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's been a long time since I saw it so nothing springs immediately to mind. But you could try look here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113824/quotes (there's not so many) or you could also look at some of the posts here: http://ghibli-gifs.tumblr.com/tagged/Whisper-of-the-Heart

02.12.2014, 05:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Whoa!!! a good site, arren. I never knew about it. I could place each and every scene that I saw... Going to give me a few hours just looking at them all.

Thank you...

02.12.2014, 01:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
theViolinMaker
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.12.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by theViolinMaker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those sites are so awesome, thank you! Even beyond this little project I have, I just like going through and reminiscing, especially from that Tumblr page... I'm sure I can find something to work with, so thank you!! :')

02.12.2014, 03:35 PM theViolinMaker is offline   Profile for theViolinMaker Add theViolinMaker to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I hope it worked out for you! And hey, if you want to stick around here you're more than welcome.

02.14.2014, 08:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The two most memorable quotes for me are ones I'd be very careful about saying to your hopeful other. One is "Iya na yatsu" (repeated several times, meaning 'Jerk') and the other is "Kekkon shite kurenaika?" (Will you marry me?)

06.21.2014, 06:09 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.21.2014, 02:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks