QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Tekkonkinkreet
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Tekkonkinkreet » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  TekkonkinkreetPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just watched this. I was and still am completely overwhelmed at how fantastic and wonderful this movie is. I think I'd rank it higher than Akira as a work of art. Its utterly captivating, strange and yet simple. Beautiful to watch it reminded me of the weirdest moments of Satoshi Kon and Paprika and as Japanese as Spirited Away's bathhouse. It was also so completely American as well (the director Michael Arias was American born and has lived many years in Japan).

If you haven't seen this, please try to watch it. Stunning.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.25.2014, 08:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been meaning to watch this for a while. I'll be sure to check it out soon now.

02.26.2014, 08:21 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks