QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - R2 Japanese
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - R2 Japanese » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.09.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OOOooooohhh!!! you lucky bum!
mine is coming overseas so I probably won't get it until late december!

you got a really nice one! Thanks for showing us the pics!!! coool!!!!!!!1

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.
Please protect Mr. Miyazaki's works.

My Howl's MC viewing addiction - final theatre count: 11 showings

11.15.2005, 03:23 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Finally, tomorrow the Japanese DVD's of Howl's Moving Castle will be officially released! Of course I ordered all of the different releases and Ghibli World wouldn't be Ghibli World if it wouldn't already have pictures of it, so if you can't wait to see how it looks, below is one picture...

CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE PICTURES OVER HERE!!!
http://www.ghibliworld.com/news.html

Post last edited by wushu-4-ever on 11.15.2005, 04:04 PM.

11.15.2005, 04:02 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
brenster
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by brenster Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's here!

I have the 2 disc Japanese issue of Howl's Moving Castle + my 1/24 film cell block!

I'm not sure if the cells differ from block to block or whether they are all the same; mine is of Calcifer sitting in/on the logs in the castle. It's very small but quite, quite lovely.

Can't wait for work to finish so I can get home and fire this up!

Oh HAPPY DAY!

Bren

11.16.2005, 10:34 AM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

there is a comment from producer Suzuki, to all whom bought DVD.
http://www.1101.com/miyazaki/index.html

Eigawa, honrai, 1kai mireba
sorede kototariru. Atowa, jibunno
souzouryokuwo hatarakasete,
arekore, omoiwo megurasu.
Korega eigano tadashii mikatada.
to, Miyazaki Hayao wa itteimasu.
Minasa, Miyazaki niwa, naishode
mitekudasai.lol.
Sudio Ghibli
Suduki Toshio

Essentially, If you see the movie once, it is enough.
Your imagination is made to work,
and ponder over it this and that.
This is a view with a correct movie.
Hayao Miyazaki always says.
Please see this secretly from Miyazaki. lol.

Studio Ghibli, Suzuki Toshio

11.16.2005, 01:13 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

AAAAgggh!!! I'm so jealous!

Mine is not supposed to arrive until December! I wonder which scene I got.. I wonder I wonder.... That note is really humorous nanashi. Thanks for sharing it with us. As with everything else!

Calcifer.. coool!!!!! (brenster)

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.

11.16.2005, 02:47 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

As most of you will be, I am a bit dissapointed with the DVD release of Howl's Moving Castle. Even though it's nice, it's far from the quality of the other Japanese limited editions of Nausicaa, Spirited Away or Laputa: Castle in the Sky. So what do you do... you just make your own limited edition, well kinda...

From left to right (upper shelve): the Japanese art book "the Art of Howl's Moving Castle", the Howl's Moving Castle Ekonte (storyboard), the Howl's Moving Castle Flying Kayak.

From left to right (lower shelve): The Howl's Moving Castle Paper Craft book with the Howl's Moving Castle Image Model Collection X in front of it, the Howl's + Short Short box set with the 1/24 film frame in front of it, the 4- disc version of Howl's Moving Castle and finally the Howl's Moving Castle Premium Collection - Castle of Sophie Hatter.

On the wall of course a mini Japanese film poster of Howl's.

11.18.2005, 03:07 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

when i see the list of the japanese yahoo auction, i am interesting. the film is variously entered there.
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/searc...=0jp&mode=2

11.19.2005, 01:23 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Johny Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I ordered the Howl and Ghibli shorts boxset from Amazon.co.jp and they said I wouldn't get the 1/24 cube with it. Thanks for that link Nanashi, it will be a great help in my search for one. My only concern is that it doesn't say how much the posting is for items that ship internationally.

11.19.2005, 03:22 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

ugh... seeing that I'm kind of annoyed that some people purchased a bunch just to resell it and try to make a profit, especially the really nice scenes. oh well

I hope mine is nice. I have to wait a long time for it tho.... sea mail.... sigh.... waiting...waiting....

ps. I wonder if anyone got a clip of Howl flying in the flower garden. That is my favorite scene.

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

Post last edited by howl_chan_wa_kawaii on 11.19.2005, 03:25 AM.

11.19.2005, 03:24 AM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
nanashi
Ohmu

this is a special counter of Howl's DVD. His face is scared.lol.
(place entrance of Yodobashi Camera Akihabara, Tokyo)

11.19.2005, 08:50 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Johny Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I really want one of those 1/24 cube things

Post last edited by Johny on 11.19.2005, 02:19 PM.

11.19.2005, 09:34 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Amazon.com jp still has them if you have the cash to buy the most deluxe set:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/b...5128159-3397104

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

11.19.2005, 03:22 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Wooohoooo!!!! I got my film clip!

It's one of Howl when he's looking out of the hole that Sophie made when she crash-lands in the castle. He's leaning out and talking to Turniphead. I'll try to get a pick for you guys soon!

Eeeeeeeee!!!!! HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not to mention my copy of Howl!!!!!

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

11.21.2005, 05:15 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Johny
Kodama

Grr, lucky. I'm still waiting for mine. Where did you order from?

11.22.2005, 09:46 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

I ordered from Amazon.com.jp (Japan) they always say it'll take about a month to ship but mine came in a little over a week. Same for my other orders from them. (I live in the US - CA).

I hope you get a cool block, I've been looking at mine all day!

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

11.22.2005, 09:33 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Johny
Kodama

I had to get a cube from Ebay because Amazon.co.jp said I wouldn't get one. Did you choose DHL World Mail (for Amazon)?

Post last edited by Johny on 11.23.2005, 02:47 AM.

11.23.2005, 02:46 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
brenster
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by brenster Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Got my copy of Howl's 2 disc + 1/24 from amazon.co.jp.

It shipped via DHL and arrived here in the UK last Wednesday (15th), 2 days after dispatch.

Most impressed - most domestic UK deliveries take twice as long as that!

Hopefully I'll get a photo of my Calcifer 1/24 posted here later today.

Brendon

11.23.2005, 03:56 AM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Brenster, did you choose the Economy shipping? Mine shipped on the 15th and it's not here yet (using the Economy shipping) I live in the UK

Post last edited by Johny on 11.23.2005, 09:22 AM.

11.23.2005, 09:17 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
brenster
Kodama

Johny,

I'm afraid not! I chose the courier/DHL option to ship from Amazon Japan. By contrast I ordered regular mail for another copy from Yesasia, which arrived yesterday (Monday 21st).

HMC DVD + regular shipping from Amazon Japan came to just over 27UKP. The DVD + courier shipping came to 33UKP.

With any luck your disc should turn up fairly soon. I've bought from amazon.jp fairly often (usually anime soundtracks), used regular shipping and had everything delivered in a week or so.

Brendon

11.23.2005, 09:52 AM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

ok, with any luck it might have come today *fingers crossed*

11.23.2005, 01:31 PM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks