QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - R2 Japanese
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - R2 Japanese Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.09.05
  Howl's Moving Castle Special Edition Pre-Order Started - Region 2 JapPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For those of you who are able to play region 2 DVDs (NOTE: US DVD players are region 1 and cannot play this), the Howl's Moving Castle DVD is now available for pre-order at Amazon.com.jp, or at other sites.

There's a few special edition packs, some with interviews, making-of, a "long-version" which I'm quite curious about, and some which come with a film clip from the movie encased in a clear plastic commemorative cube. Also some come with your choice of an HMC toy, puzzle, or poster, and I think one is some super pack that comes with a DVD of all the Ghibli shorts.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/15383251/ref%3Dpe%5Ftrydvd%5F050909%5F6/249-1110845-0593165

Alas, my local theater just ended its run of HMC yesterday *sob sob*
so no more viewings for me.... /( .. ) \

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.
Please protect Mr. Miyazaki's works.

My Howl's MC viewing addiction - final theatre count: 11 showings

09.09.2005, 04:03 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

howl_chan_wa_kawaii
thanks for your infomation.

i examined the work where the DVD:"Short Short" was contained.

01.Sorairo no Tane(1,2,3) /1992
02.Nandarou(TV-CM of NTV) /type A to E, and CG /1992
03.On Your Mark /1995

04.TV-CM of Exhibition of Studio Ghibli Arts /1996
05.TV-CM of Grave of the Fireflies aired on "Kinyou Road Show" /1996
06."Kinyou Road Show" Opening animation /1997
("Kinyou Road Show" is TV program that aired movie.
its pen drawing animation that directed by Miyazaki Hayao,
animated by Kondou Yoshifumi. its Kondou's posthumous work.)

07.TV-CM of "SHOP-ONE", online shopping mall /2000
08.TV-CM of "Umacha" (drink of green tea)
directed by Tanabe Osamu /2001
/1.Shibuya, 2.Meeting 09.TV-CM of ticket of Ghibli Museum /type A to C /2001
10.TV-CM of DVD of Spirited Away /type A to C /2002
11.TV-CM of campaign of The Cat Returns by "House Foods" /type A to C /2002
12.TV-CM of Bank of Risona /type A to C /2003

13.TV-CM of "House Foods", "Ouchi de Tabeyou" (summer)
directed by Miyazaki Hayao
/1.playing house, 2.Errand, 3.back alley, 4.sound truck,
5.playing house(30sec) /2003
14.TV-CM of "House Foods", "Ouchi de Tabeyou" (winter)
directed by Momose Yoshiyuki music by Nakata Yoshitaka
/1.play with sled, 2.loiter, 3.play with sled(30sec) /2004
15.TV-CM of YumeDeji on Kita-Nihon Broadcasting
directed by Hashimoto Shinji /2004
/1.Hajimaruyo Eraikoccha, 2.New world of TV, 3.walk on New World
16.TV-CM of Yomiuri Shinbun /Kawaraban(15sec & 30sec)
directed by Tanabe Osamu /2004
17.TV-CM of Yomiuri Shinbun /Doredore Hikkoshi(type A 15sec, 30sec, type B 15sec)
directed by Tanabe Osamu /2005
18.Doredore no uta /2005
this is Doredore

19."Portable Airport" (3'00" )
music by Nakata Yoshitaka, directed by Momose Yoshiyuki /2004
20."space station No.9" (?'??" )
music by Nakata Yoshitaka, directed by Momose Yoshiyuki /2005
video preview http://www.barks.jp/watch/?id=1000004764...wm&wbw=300k
21."Soratobu Toshi Keikaku(Aeropolis Project)" (4'54" )
music by Nakata Yoshitaka, directed by Momose Yoshiyuki

19-21. produced by Studio Kajino, that is another brand Studio Ghibli, they makes "Sikijitsu", "Satorare".

Post last edited by nanashi on 09.10.2005, 12:17 AM.

09.10.2005, 12:06 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  hiPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

is there an german version of this film on the DVD
or is it only in japanese and english??

thank u

Post last edited by project2501 on 09.11.2005, 09:53 PM.

09.11.2005, 09:35 PM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry, German not included.

Howl's Moving Castle
4,700yen
2 DVD ( included 1 special disk )
Dub : Japanese/English/French
Sub : Japanese/English/French

Howl's Moving Castle with 1/24second (limited)
4,700yen
2 DVD ( included 1 special disk )
Dub : Japanese/English/French
Sub : Japanese/English/French

Howl's Moving Castle special edition
8,500yen
4 DVD
Dub : Japanese/English/French/Mandarin/Cantonese
Sub : Japanese/English/French/Mandarin/Cantonese

Howl's Moving Castle special edition with 1/24second (limited)
8,500yen
4 DVD
Dub : Japanese/English/French/Mandarin/Cantonese
Sub : Japanese/English/French/Mandarin/Cantonese

*1/24 second

**all disk are region 2 and NTSC

09.12.2005, 08:36 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
project2501
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.16.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by project2501 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ah s**t
then i have to wait for maybe three months, before the release is in germany.

thank u

09.12.2005, 10:59 AM project2501 is offline   Profile for project2501 Add project2501 to your buddy list Send an Email to project2501 Add project2501 to your contact list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for providing the additional information. It looks the like "long version" I mentioned earlier, is the long version of the special "Making of HMC" and not of the movie. Also I haven't looked at the other online stores, but Amazon.com.jp has the packages discounted at ¥6,961, and ¥3,849 for the special packages.

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

-- Why did Chihiro have to let go of Haku's hand? Why Chihiro do you make me cry buckets of tears?... sob--

Please report pirated Ghibli/Disney products: tips@disneyantipiracy.com or the confidential Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300.

09.12.2005, 03:23 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
brenster
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by brenster Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can anyone confirm the audio/subtitle sitiation with the 4 disc set ?

Amazon.co.jp and other reports of the release online suggest that disc one (the film with the Japanese 6.1 DTS-ES soundtrack) has English subtitles.

YesAsia suggests that disc one of the 4 disc set does NOT have English subs.

I've ordered the 2 disc edition with Dolby Digital 5.1 Ex and English subs just in case the 4 disc set proves to not have English subs on disc one.

Does anyone know for sure what the soundtrack/subtitle situation is, or have a link to an actual Japanese press release ?

Sorry to be such a pedant, but this is the deciding factor as to which version of the DVD set to get.

Thanks,

Brendon

09.14.2005, 02:36 PM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I can see, the 4 DVD sets have one disc that is entirely Japanese and another which has Japanese/English/and more languages, both as audio and subtitles.

The 2 DVD set comes with 1 DVD that has both Japanese and English audio and subtitle options.

I'm trusting Amazon since they don't usually print the wrong information, but I've never ordered from YesAsia before. Hope this helps.

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

09.14.2005, 05:21 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

p.s.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by howl_chan_wa_kawaii Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Additionally, Amazon is a LOT cheaper than YesAsia from what I see.

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

09.14.2005, 05:27 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
brenster
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by brenster Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by howl_chan_wa_kawaii
From what I can see, the 4 DVD sets have one disc that is entirely Japanese and another which has Japanese/English/and more languages, both as audio and subtitles.

The 2 DVD set comes with 1 DVD that has both Japanese and English audio and subtitle options.

I'm trusting Amazon since they don't usually print the wrong information, but I've never ordered from YesAsia before. Hope this helps.

Looking on amazon.co.jp, the seem to confirm that disc one of the 4 disc set does have 2 Japanese audio tracks (Dolby Digital 2.0 and DTS-ES 6.1) and two subtitled tracks (Japanese and English). Other Japanese online retailers seem to comfirm the same. So far on yesasia is advertising that the disc one only has Japanese subs.

●音声:日本語2.0chステレオ ドルビーデジタル
日本語6.1chサラウンド DTS-ES
●字幕:日本語・英語 <- Subtitles: Japanese, English.

Amazon is indeed cheaper (hadn't thought to look there!); when shipping to the UK using priority internation mail they are the same price as yesasia. Except about 2 weeks quicker!

Thanks for the advice/links howl_chan_wa_kawaii, much appreciated. Arigatoo gozaimasu!

Brendon

09.14.2005, 06:31 PM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

there are some link about Howl's DVD
(sorry, all japanese)

about 4DVD version
http://club.buenavista.jp/ghibli/product...cid=654#product

about 2DVD version
http://club.buenavista.jp/ghibli/product...cid=601#product

official web site re-newal
http://club.buenavista.jp/ghibli/special/howl/product.jsp

09.14.2005, 08:56 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

from buenavista.jp

===2 DVD version===
[Disk1] 119min
Audio Tracks
1.Japanese ( 6.1ch surround Dolby Digital EX )
2.English ( 6.1ch surround Dolby Digital EX )
3.French ( 2.0ch stereo Dolby Digital )
Subtitles
1.Japanese 2.English 3.French

[Disk2] Special Features 25min
1.storyboards
2.Japanese trailers
3.documentary ...from Venice International Film Festival to Venezia to Premier preview in US...
4.Diana Wynne Jones interview
5.Peter Docter ( English Dub director ) interview
6.Ghibli ga Ippai Collection lineup
7.news release

===4 DVD version===
[Disk1] 119min
Audio Tracks
1.Japanese ( 2.0ch stereo Dolby Digital )
2.Japanese ( 6.1ch surround DTS-ES )

[Disk2] 119min
Audio Tracks ( 2.0ch stereo Dolby Digital )
1.Japanese 2.English 3.French 4.Mandarin 5.Cantonese
Subtitles
1.Japanese 2.English 3.French 4.Mandarin 5.Cantonese

[Disk3] Special Features 25min
same as [Disk2] of 2 DVD version

[Disk4] video time unknown
1Miyazaki talk with Mebius
2.Premier preview in US ( interview : Miyazaki, English cast. )
3.Konnichiwa Mr.Docter ... Miyazaki meets again Peter Docter
4.in this way we moved Howl's castle ... interpretation of CG ( Digital Animation Director Kataama Mitunori "片塰 満則" )

09.15.2005, 10:38 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
brenster
Kodama

nanashi,

I suspect the Buena Vista Japan site is probably definitive with regards to the disc specs. If this is the case, I'll sadly have to confine myself to the 2 disc version.

Brendon

PS Don't apologise for the sites/links being in Japanese, I can read a little - just need plenty of time to look up unfamiliar words & kanji!

09.15.2005, 05:39 PM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
nanashi
Ohmu

ive gotten the chirashi(handbill) of DVD.

http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/...wl-chirashi.htm

09.18.2005, 01:57 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
brenster
Kodama

nanashi,

Thanks very much again!

The chirashi does confirm that there are no subtitles at all on disc 1 of the 4 disc set. None the less, I'm still tempted to get this version as well as the 2 disc DVD in order to have the extras on disc 4.

The chirashi does have some beautiful artwork on too! I only wish Ghibli's films got the same kind of promotion over here in the west. I've just seen a TV advert for HMC with the English dub, which is far more advertising than Sen to Chihiro/Spirited Away ever received here.

I'm also very tempted with the Studio Ghibli shorts DVD, despite the lack of English subtitiles.

ありがとう

Brendon

09.18.2005, 12:52 PM brenster is offline   Profile for brenster Add brenster to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nanashi, thanks a lot for sharing the chirasii with us.

I am equally disappointed that there is no English sub for the disc 1 of the 4-discs version. I would probably wait for the local release then. But for the "Ghibli Short Short" DVD, I have already placed an order through a Japanese book store. Fingers crossed to see it arrive in November!

09.18.2005, 03:27 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Found some marginal better pictures on a Japanese site. It's nothing special, but at least a tiny bit better than the pics of Amazon and Yesasia: not only the front design, but also the disc designs and the side of the dvd case.

Still hoping I'll receive that First Press item.

09.19.2005, 06:48 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

OOOOHHHHH!!! Thanks for posting the pictures!
I'm so excited now! Yippeee! Yippeee! Yippeee!

I got the 2 disc with 24 sec clip. Can't wait!!!!!

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

09.19.2005, 03:05 PM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by howl_chan_wa_kawaii
OOOOHHHHH!!! Thanks for posting the pictures!
I'm so excited now! Yippeee! Yippeee! Yippeee!

I got the 2 disc with 24 sec clip. Can't wait!!!!!

I ordered them all (Howl's 4-disc edition and Howl + Ghibli Short Short Box). Hoping to recieve that 24-sec First Press Item as well. Somebody at another forum had send me a PM in which he told me that he had contacted Amazon. Amazon couldn't confirm that he would get the first press-release so I'm not getting my hopes up to high.

09.20.2005, 03:52 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
howl_chan_wa_kawaii
Tanuki

Forgive my ignorance but I have no idea what the First Press Release means. Can anyone explain this? :-/ Is there a difference in the 24 sec clip?

sekai no yakusoku.
- Promise of the World

09.20.2005, 11:56 AM howl_chan_wa_kawaii is offline   Profile for howl_chan_wa_kawaii Add howl_chan_wa_kawaii to your buddy list Send an Email to howl_chan_wa_kawaii
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks