QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - So the tavern is closing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » So the tavern is closing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  So the tavern is closingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really, but it sure feels like it. Anybody still alive? Or will this be the third forum I mod that dies?

Then again there's really nothing going on. Even on a global scale about the only thing going on is the Boko Haram thing, which supposedly is going to be resolved soon.

And about the most interesting thing to happen to me is my weird tan. Gloves + elbow guard + hot sun = brown LCD panel on my forearms.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.22.2014, 10:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Geez, I hope not. But, like you said, there's not a lot going on in the world today with the exception of the Ukraine thing and the Boko Haram kidnapping. There is a lot more, but those stick out at the moment.

05.22.2014, 12:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like it quiet. Its nice to drop in now and again.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.22.2014, 12:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, go a little easy there with the title. After a moment of thinking it was saviour, you frightened me!

Anyway, it's a shame that it's so quiet right now, but that's just how it seems to be. I have a look most days, but unless there's something new to respond to, or I have a particular thing I want to say, I just leave again. We've talked before about ways to encourage more regular posting, but I don't know how likely it is that we can really get people back and talking a lot.

05.22.2014, 02:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Jeez, Roar. Damn near gave me a heart attack.

Kinda know how you feel about the weird tan, I had the glove line the other day when I got sunburned.

My Anime List

05.22.2014, 04:21 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still here and alive haha, I check every day or two but it seems very few comment anymore

05.22.2014, 06:02 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Years on the net teaches you a few things about copywriting

Still, it'd help if we had something in common other than ghibli. Anime is one thing, but unlike book clubs, there aren't many deep stuff we can talk about. It would be like a bookclub talking about Sleeping Beauty and The Three Little Pigs.

Which causes a brainfart moment in me: you know how people talk about alternate storylines or what happens after happily ever after?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.23.2014, 01:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sleeping Beauty and the Three Little Pigs sounds quite kinky.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.23.2014, 12:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Sleeping Beauty and the Three Little Pigs sounds quite kinky.

You'll find the naughty corner on page two.

Enjoy the laughing pig.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.23.2014, 02:03 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I keep suggesting another anime club session but get no takers.

05.23.2014, 03:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahh that really scared me ;_;

Even though I'm not really active with posting these days, I still come on to see how everyone's doing.

We could do a book club xP I need some reading material anyway. And then motivation to read it.

05.23.2014, 04:12 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I can recommend "The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins

Also - "The Road Not Taken - How Britain Narrowly Missed a Revolution" by Frank MClynn.

Neither are really book club material, though.

Other than manga I don't read fiction at all ...

05.23.2014, 04:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would be up for an anime club type thing if we were to do the second season of Mushi-shi, or if it were an older show with an established reputation for being good. I don't really have time to waste on the sort of mindless "entertainment" that almost certainly makes up 99% of the current season. Unfortunately if it's an older show, there's a good chance that most of you have seen it already.

And shame on you, Saddletank! If you don't read any fiction maybe we SHOULD do a book club, broaden your horizons a little bit. Manga is great but with stories told in dialogue and pictures you miss out on the richness of language that a novel can offer.

05.23.2014, 05:45 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No fiction? D: Any particular reason?

Also I'd be up for Mushishi club. I've been waiting for it to finish airing before starting.

05.23.2014, 06:06 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would be up for an anime club thing, but the problem seems to always be having too few people in the first place. I think Orphic has the right idea, of choosing something with a decent reputation.

05.23.2014, 08:23 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I suggested Kindaichi, but no replies so far.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.23.2014, 11:01 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I used to read quite a lot of fiction, mostly SF and Stephen King. I think the last fiction I read was Harry Potter and most recently Cloud Atlas (which I loved), but I tend to read non-fiction in support of my hobbies which tend to need a lot of research. When my spare time isn't comsumed by reading, and said hobbies I use the rest of it watching anime

05.24.2014, 08:18 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I used to read a lot of non-fiction too just because, but stuff for research can go way over my head. My current interest requires knowledge on electrical engineering but I am fast discovering that whatever I learned amounted to zilch because the actual stuff in actual devices are far, far more complicated. For example, I never knew that wires themselves have a voltage rating.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.24.2014, 10:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Orphic Okapi
I would be up for an anime club type thing if we were to do the second season of Mushi-shi, or if it were an older show with an established reputation for being good. I don't really have time to waste on the sort of mindless "entertainment" that almost certainly makes up 99% of the current season. Unfortunately if it's an older show, there's a good chance that most of you have seen it already.

How about Aku no Hana? Its only 12 episodes and certainly doesn't fit into that 99%.

05.24.2014, 12:23 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Found out about voltage drops in wiring when my company bought 12 new Isuzu NQR mid range trucks. We had to install voltage relay with heavier wiring to power the lights on the trailers. Or maybe I'm mistaking amps for voltage??? The batteries supplied enough power, but we (read 'I') had to install heavier wiring and a special relay set up (cost $250 new) that basically put the trailer on a separate circuit from the truck . Haha, when we first hooked up the trailer and turned in a turn signal, ALL the lights flashed...

I remember delivering the check to the dealer for the final payment for the trucks, $350,000... Turned out in the long run, we should have stuck with the heavy-duty pick-ups. Found later that the bosses had the idea that if they increased the weight capacity of the trucks, it would increase the overall capacity of the truck/trailer combinations. Doesn't work that way, but what did I know, I was just a lowly mechanic.

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.24.2014, 12:35 PM.

05.24.2014, 12:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks