QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - So the tavern is closing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » So the tavern is closing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
carly28
Tanuki

Registration Date: 12.28.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by carly28 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I couldn't be bothered to read the posts so heeeeeeyyyyyyyyyy

05.24.2014, 02:52 PM carly28 is offline   Profile for carly28 Add carly28 to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
How about Aku no Hana? Its only 12 episodes and certainly doesn't fit into that 99%.

Yeah, I would be willing to watch Aku no Hana. A few other shows I've been meaning to watch that seem slightly obscure (so hopefully everyone hasn't seen them already): Fantastic Children; Kemono no Souja Erin (or Seirei no Moribito); Now and Then, Here and There.

05.24.2014, 08:16 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've not watched any of them and would be willing to, on your recommendation.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.24.2014, 08:54 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen those either. I've heard the last title, and that's the extent of my knowledge. If they're all pretty short I might be interested.

05.24.2014, 09:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*nods* Are any of them 1/2 a season (12-13 eps)?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.25.2014, 09:24 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now and Then, Here and There is 13 episodes. Aku no Hana is also 13. Fantastic Children is 26. Kemono no Souja Erin is much longer than I thought, a whopping 50 episodes. I'm not sure about Mushi-shi; I think I heard it might be airing in two twelve-episode installments, with a break in between?

Maybe we should start a thread and vote. I'd like to hear some other ideas, though.

05.25.2014, 09:47 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, Aku no Hana has a unique art. Past that, I'm not too well-versed on the story, or the other titles for that matter, so I'm fine with whichever.

And I agree with a short series. It's easier to do a 4-hour marathon than an 8-hour one.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.25.2014, 12:24 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I think we need a 12-13 ep series so we have an achievable goal. I've watched Aku no Hana but that's no problem, I'd enjoy watching it again and the different art style is part of the experience.

05.25.2014, 04:19 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe we need more debates!

Quick, someone say something controversial!

05.27.2014, 10:28 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Maybe we need more debates!

Quick, someone say something controversial!

I don't support gay marriages.

*waits*

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.27.2014, 10:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LOL man.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

05.27.2014, 11:20 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I support marriage, period hetero or homo as long as the love is there. I do NOT believe in Marriage for Mr. Husky...

05.27.2014, 11:33 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I support marriage, period hetero or homo as long as the love is there. I do NOT believe in Marriage for Mr. Husky...

I argue that at your age, you have all the right to flirt around and get a wife if you so please.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.28.2014, 12:38 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by husky51

I argue that at your age, you have all the right to flirt around and get a wife if you so please.

Hahaha, been there, done that, thank you very much...

my age, huh... throwing a little age discrimination my way, are we???

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.28.2014, 03:50 AM.

05.28.2014, 03:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm sorry, was it a bad thing that I sort of created a debate? I was just wondering, because I like discussion.

Also, Husky doesn't have to marry if he doesn't want to, even "at his age". I also agree with Husky on his views towards marriage, no matter what people should be allowed to marry out of love regardless of their sexuality. People should also feel they do not have to marry if they do not want to.

I've had people tell me it's disgusting that I've dated people outside of my own race, or act surprised or confused. Yeah, it's not nice.. My conservative grandmother is oddly the most open minded in my family. My boyfriend has been told in the town we both live in to leave and go back to his country. Most of my friends have, and it deeply upsets me. :/ It doesn't help that I live in a predominantly white area and people are so uninterested in learning about the world or even their own country (yet accuse me of hating my own country, although I'm the one who has paid a lot of money just to study my own country and better understand the nation I live in).

05.28.2014, 12:05 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

The world is full of stupid bigots, FFF, you just have to ignore them. I beleive that, in time, like the dinosaurs, they'll die out.

05.28.2014, 12:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
The world is full of stupid bigots, FFF, you just have to ignore them. I beleive that, in time, like the dinosaurs, they'll die out.

True, but it's hard to ignore them when I'm surrounded by so many. haha

05.28.2014, 12:52 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
I'm sorry, was it a bad thing that I sort of created a debate? I was just wondering, because I like discussion.

Also, Husky doesn't have to marry if he doesn't want to, even "at his age". I also agree with Husky on his views towards marriage, no matter what people should be allowed to marry out of love regardless of their sexuality. People should also feel they do not have to marry if they do not want to.

I've had people tell me it's disgusting that I've dated people outside of my own race, or act surprised or confused. Yeah, it's not nice.. My conservative grandmother is oddly the most open minded in my family. My boyfriend has been told in the town we both live in to leave and go back to his country. Most of my friends have, and it deeply upsets me. :/ It doesn't help that I live in a predominantly white area and people are so uninterested in learning about the world or even their own country (yet accuse me of hating my own country, although I'm the one who has paid a lot of money just to study my own country and better understand the nation I live in).

Refresh my memory: when did you create this non-debate?

Also, the thing about husky remarrying was just a joke, really. Unless I come across another ghibli-loving old lady

Regarding others, you shouldn't feel the need to correct anyone really. In fact, no one is really ever completely correct either; not on rascism, or feminism, or gay rights either. That's just the way humans are, making dozens of mistakes everyday with full confidence that they are right, even though there's no actual proof or infallible logic that they are.

For example, I can go a full 180 and support everything saviour said using perfectly sound logic and no one else would acknowledge their validity anyway. It's what we call human pride, refusal to admit our own foolishness that maybe, just maybe, the other party could be right.

Hence my mantra: Logic is a flaw in itself.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.28.2014, 01:02 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

uh, roar, if you don't mind, find me a Ghibli-loving young lady, ok? hmmm, didn't I just read that NC is single again??? hahahaha, just joking, really... You are a nice person, NC and deserve a good, young partner to share your life with...

lol, naw, nevermind, it'd probably kill me.,lol

I have had my married life, I have three great children, trying at times, but great, nonetheless. Now, having grown up as a loner, I am happy with my life as it is (except for the knees, lol) and will likely be single until the end. I know quite a few women about my age who have expressed an interest, but I don't want to change at this time.

I could also say that "logically, I'm flawed". Is that a mantra?

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.28.2014, 02:02 PM.

05.28.2014, 02:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

In the highlight section, Roar. XD

05.28.2014, 04:13 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks