QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Official Pokemon Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Official Pokemon Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Official Pokemon ThreadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think we have one, and we certainly need one.

Here is our very own official Pokemon Thread, for the Anime at least.

I have just started watching X/Y series, I am trying to watch from the start but on Sky they only have episode 16-23. I have a week off, before I move. So I plan to watch as much as possible, plus I have just restarded Pokemon X.

What series have you seen ?

I have seen Season 1-14. Then parts of other seasons.

The Theme Tune for Pokemon X/Y it's a remix of the Original Anime Theme tune we all know and love.

06.19.2014, 06:28 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've basically only seen the old anime. Like, from the Gen I stuff as far as the Orange Islands. I saw a couple of movies beyond that, but that's it otherwise.

On the other hand, I still play the games, and since HG/SS, I've got one of each set. Maybe it would be better to have this thread in General Discussions, since perhaps the games are more popular than the anime, and I understand that some of us play the TCG too.

06.20.2014, 03:18 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm pretty sure "some" is limited to only me though. I don't watch the anime anymore, nor do I bother with the movies recently because, honestly, it's very hard to top the first two movies. The first was famous for its emotional drama, while the second was just epic.

The ending for The Prince of the Sea was very cute though, when Manaphy said "ha, ru, ka, sa, yo, na, ra" (good bye haruka) So much feel.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.20.2014, 08:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Could someone move this to General Discussion please?

Orange Islands is Gen 1 still, that's Season 2. Both great series.

There has been many other great Pokemon Films

1,2,3,4,5,6 and maybe 7.

Heroes is my favourite that's number 5 I believe.

06.21.2014, 05:58 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't really see the need to move this but oh well.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.23.2014, 04:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, as I said before, Pokemon exists in various different media, and I'd say the anime isn't the most popular of them.

The only films I saw were the first three and Mewtwo Returns, which was straight-to-video I believe, so I don't know where that fits in. Do you play the video games much?

06.23.2014, 06:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do yes, have them all from Red and Blue to X & Y

06.23.2014, 01:39 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I don't even have a 3ds, lol. Not that it would matter, since I find the concept of breeding to be a chore, and is especially worse with genderless and legendaries that are unbreedable. I just don't have the patience of restarting the games thousands of times for weeks or months just for that ideal nature and IV spread.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.24.2014, 09:26 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Koda
Ohmu

That's why I don't EV or IV train, I play the game how was originally intended

06.24.2014, 10:36 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, I don't really go in for the hardcore style. I catch the Pokemon that appeal to me, and try to make them as good as they can be, but I'm not interested in breeding to get something perfect, or selecting only those that are good in competitive play.

06.24.2014, 12:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Exactly, you have way more fun if you're training what you like. I tend to already plan ahead before the game comes out, I plan my team based on what is available and what I like.

I always have a Pikachu in my team, but I believe in B/W or B/W2 one of them you couldn't get a Pikachu

06.25.2014, 05:49 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't watch the anime often, but when I do, I watch season four.

On the other hand, I love the movies and the games. I have Blue, Sapphire, Emerald, Platinum, Hg/ss, used to have b/w, have Black 2 and X.

07.06.2014, 08:33 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Nothing wrong with having pikachu, really. Pikachu + Light Ball = legal arceus minus the speed and defence

I'm sorry the older generation doesn't get much love in the newer series though. I'd love to see the day when my favourite sandslash gets a mega evolution. In fact, I'd love it if the "useless" bugs like beedrill actually becomes useful. Back in 1st gen, I always had fun with poison powder/sleep powder butterfree, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.07.2014, 12:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Omg omg omg I just totally came up with a good reason for why People say Missingno. Deletes your save data!

Since the original Gen I games used internal battery, and saving often causes that battery to drain faster, and missingno. Causes your game to save... What if Missingno. Deleted your save data from encountering it too often and drying out the internal battery? I could be onto something here!

07.07.2014, 07:01 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

But... Missingno is just something that was there as a placeholder, never intended to be encountered, just a part of the coding. Every pokemon has a number, and it was the "missing number" when the game glitches. And of course, the Gen 1 games were full of glitches, so something we were never meant to see ended up being really well-known.

07.07.2014, 08:06 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Hmm... I checked sources and arren was right.

Darn, I really thought I had an explanation for all those rumors.

07.07.2014, 10:15 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Missingno never really "existed" per se. Due to the limited number of bytes, a lot of data were tied to each other, or some unintended math junk ended up turning into a glitch. The 99.6% glitch was a prime example of the latter, and the leech seed/toxic combo was a famously abused example of the former.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.08.2014, 01:08 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Was playing a little bit of X earlier today. It's been a while! During the post-game I always tail off after a bit and then forget what I was trying to do. I should really go back to the games I have going and continue some time.

07.08.2014, 12:07 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks