QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Adventure Time
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Adventure Time » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Adventure TimePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It occurred to me that I don't actually know if anybody else here watches Adventure Time. If you're watching it you'll know, but for anybody else, it's a great show! It's been going for a while so it takes a bit of catching up, but even though I'm usually not so great with long-running TV series, I'm always up-to-date.

So, any other fans?

Post last edited by arren18 on 07.04.2014, 01:29 PM.

07.04.2014, 01:29 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do when i am home. I also watch oggy and the cockroaches .

they are weird and nasty but funny

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.05.2014, 05:08 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How much of it have you seen? If you've only watched early episodes then that doesn't give a full picture of what the show is like. In the last couple of seasons it's become quite complex and far more than just weird silly fun.

Also, I'm surprised nobody else here is into it! If you've never watched it, I suggest giving it a shot. Every episode is only about 12 minutes long because it follows the standard cartoon format of two episodes per half-hour slot, so it's not a big time commitment to just try it out.

07.11.2014, 10:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I can find it, I'll give it a go...

07.11.2014, 11:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont know, i do not follow it.[actually i do not follow any shows] i only watch them if they are being broadcasted at the same time when i am watching tv.[ which is not a routine]

i have seen a lot of episodes but i felt they were like individual episodes.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.11.2014, 02:08 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like Adventure Time, but I haven't been keeping up with it. I feel like some episodes aren't really worth watching. Generally the randomness doesn't bother me, but sometimes it's just a bit too cliche or just kinda dumb.

Check out my music:

07.14.2014, 02:43 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At last, another watcher! I really suggest you try to watch more. It's true that there are some weak ones, but usually even the episodes that don't contribute to the bigger story are still a lot of fun. But if you watch more of the recent seasons you'll get to see more of the overall narrative.

07.14.2014, 08:42 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watch Adventure Time (among my many other shows that I follow), I'm currently in season three.

It's not the kind of show where I feel I need to watch the episode as soon as it airs, it's more the show that I watch when I just need a casual laugh. It is good though and I really like it.

Lumpy Space Princess is my favourite.

07.25.2014, 07:49 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

'Lumpy Space Princess'? hmmmmm... thinking... thinking.... lol

07.25.2014, 03:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Buffy
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
'Lumpy Space Princess'? hmmmmm... thinking... thinking.... lol

Hahaha! She's just this really random, sarcastic princess with a guy's voice and she amuses me.

07.25.2014, 07:44 PM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

She's voiced by the show's creator! Such a strange character. Did you know that the newest Fionna and Cake episode has Lumpy Space Prince? If you like her then you'll probably enjoy that episode.

07.25.2014, 08:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Buffy
Kodama

Wow! That's so cool! I'll definitely have to catch up on the show and watch that episode. I'm curious!

07.26.2014, 12:16 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks