QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I come bringing gifs
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » I come bringing gifs » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank

I swear this could be a new adaptation for Pinkie and the Brain.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.19.2014, 11:27 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

One of my favourite gif genres is clips of bizarre ineptitude from infomercials.

07.20.2014, 08:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't work out what goes wrong in the top scene. I don't see the drink spilling or anything. Why does the husband leap up?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.20.2014, 09:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The action is so fast it is hard to follow. I think that she slops a small amount of cola past the lip of the glass. Looks like the lead-in to a TV commercial for some sort of bottle pourer, maybe...

Or...
maybe she is supposed to spill and doesn't and yet everyone reacts to a spill that didn't... lol

Here is another one I'm not quite sure about whether it is staged or not...

you decide...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.20.2014, 10:13 AM.

07.20.2014, 09:59 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks like it could be genuine given the watching crowd in the background. Guy got what he deserved though!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.20.2014, 11:28 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've used this one once or twice in some of "those" internet discussions.

07.21.2014, 06:21 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

More ridiculous informercial clips

07.22.2014, 06:11 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

07.25.2014, 12:12 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"Bunny Munch!!!" lol

Here's another 'Instant Karma'...

or two...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.25.2014, 02:38 PM.

07.25.2014, 02:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Evil baby has just turned good after this, I'll bet

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.26.2014, 05:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Karma Cat has struck. Take heed.

07.26.2014, 06:00 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

moar 'Instant Karma'..

Don't mess with the old guys...lol

Here's another...

and another cat one...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.26.2014, 05:47 PM.

07.26.2014, 05:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

edited by popular demand...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.27.2014, 01:11 PM.

07.26.2014, 05:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If we could limit gifs of young women with their ass cheeks jiggling as they fire guns, I would appreciate that. She even appears to be topless in that last one.

I don't mean to be a prude, and I know you don't post them with any sleezy intent Husky, they just make me a tad uncomfortable.

07.26.2014, 05:53 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Sorry about that, NC... I didn't even notice the possibility of topless until you mentioned it.

And you were correct, no sleeze intended...

I posted the first one because it reminded of a woman that I used to shoot with and then I just happened to see this one and posted it to go (more or less) with the first one...

Again, sorry if I offended you or made you uncomfortable... I won't post any pics of scantily clad young women shooting guns and jiggling again...

07.26.2014, 06:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aha, that's okay Husky! ^^ I know you didn't mean it in any gross way at all. It's really not a big deal, I'm just not a big fan of them that's all.

07.26.2014, 06:29 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Good call NC, I was hoping those kinds of things wouldn't get shown in the thread, I was hoping for humour mainly, or cute.

Its possible to go back into your posts and edit them out Husky.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.27.2014, 05:48 AM.

07.27.2014, 05:47 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

07.27.2014, 01:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Good call NC, I was hoping those kinds of things wouldn't get shown in the thread, I was hoping for humour mainly, or cute.

Its possible to go back into your posts and edit them out Husky.

Saddletank...

This is the first time since I have become a member of the Tavern that the thought of leaving it permanently has even entered my mind. I have been sitting here for about a half-hour fuming about your uncalled for statement... "Those kinds of things"?

I am an avid shooter and when I saw the gifs of "those kinds of things", all I saw was the humor. Girls jiggle, its a fact of life. I thought of nothing else. When NC posted her comment, I understood where she was coming from and had no problem with it. It did not need your additional comment about "those kinds of things". I am so upset right now that I am shaking. I sorry if you didn't see the humor in the gif that I saw, but there it is, we are different.

I am not leaving because I know that this too shall pass, to quote an old scholar. I love the concept of the Tavern and what it is for and I will get over my peeve in time.

Had to put my say in here before I burst...

No further comment is necessary...

Post last edited by husky51 on 07.27.2014, 01:44 PM.

07.27.2014, 01:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Huh? What happened there?

Its okay for a female to be offended by sexist images but not okay for a guy to be?

Everybody on the planet KNOWS those kinds of images are not about the guns (you can't even see the gun in the second one as you yourself pointed out) but about the women's bodies.

My stance and NCs is identical, why treat my comments differently - unless there's a sexist reason?

I'm really very surprised at you, I expected a more adult response.

quote:
all I saw was the humor. Girls jiggle, its a fact of life.
Fat guys jiggle, its a fact of life. So please post some gifs of fat guys asses jiggling while they fire guns. Preferably in skin-tight leggings or little panties that show half their bare behinds. I bet you can't find a single one. This proves your sexism. Shame on you, you don't even know you're doing it.

quote:
It did not need your additional comment about "those kinds of things". I am so upset right now that I am shaking.
I don't know why. NC gave you her opinion. I gave you my opinion. To her you were polite and reasonable. To me you are so angry you are shaking.

Care to explain those two different reactions? If I had posted first and then she second would you be shaking in anger at her?

If you're so convinced the pics are harmless humour, why did you take them down? Its a free world, put them back up if you want.

quote:
we are different.
Yes. You're sexist, I'm not.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.27.2014, 03:45 PM.

07.27.2014, 03:30 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks