QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Picture
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Picture » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Ghibli PicturePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So got this in Japan in 2013 and thought I never got to show you guys, the frame was the most expensive but turned out really nice I think.

Post last edited by Seiji Amasawa on 01.14.2015, 12:03 AM.

11.26.2014, 02:07 AM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That looks really nice. What is it?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.27.2014, 09:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Type in the words into Google and a lot of different items come up... It appears to be a plastic model of the Porco Rosso plane...

http://youtu.be/MKK5h8y-TbM A youtube short...

Thank you, Seiji

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.27.2014, 12:27 PM.

11.27.2014, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Seiji Amasawa
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Amasawa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its the name for Porco's "Fictional" Sea Plane,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_military_aircraft

Savoia S.21 The Savoia S.21 is a fictional seaplane fighter that appears in the anime film Porco Rosso, directed by Hayao Miyazaki.

While the plane depicted in the film never existed, Savoia was an actual Italian aircraft maker which produced a considerable number of flying boats in the 1920s, during which the film is set. An actual Savoia S.21 even existed, though the fictional one does not closely resemble it—the Cant.Z 501 "Seagull" is probably the closest real-life match. As a matter of fact, Hayao Miyazaki is said to have drawn his Savoia S.21 from his childhood memories of Macchi M.33.

The S.21 was a custom-built fighter seaplane with a single parasol wing, above which was mounted a single engine nacelle. It had a flying-boat hull and outrigger floats, and carried two machine guns in the nose. In the film, there are two versions of the S.21. The initial version was powered by an Isotta-Fraschini Asso liquid-cooled V-12 engine; the later version mounted a Fiat A.S.2 "Folgore" V-12 with a modified radiator configuration. In addition to the engine, the new version had a tiny forward cockpit.

In The Age of the Flying Boat, the book on which the film is based, the modified version takes a Rolls-Royce Kestrel engine. The aircraft was painted bright red with Italian tricolor stripes on the wings and tail.

Specifications
Crew: initial version, 1 pilot; second version, additional 1 passenger
Length: 7.92 m
Wingspan: 10 m
Powerplant: 430 hp (320 kW)
Maximum Speed: 330 km/h
Armament: 2 × 7.92 mm Spandau machine-guns

11.27.2014, 08:46 PM Seiji Amasawa is offline   Profile for Seiji Amasawa Add Seiji Amasawa to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Er, I was actually asking about the actual item inside the frame, but okay.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.28.2014, 08:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
reecetard
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by reecetard Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was struggling last year for ideas on what to buy my friend for Christmas, I thought of buying her an original Studio Ghibli print or something. Does anybody know if these are obtainable, and at what prices ?

~ No matter how many weapons you may have ~
~ No matter how great your technology may be ~
~ The world cannot live without love ~

01.04.2015, 01:53 AM reecetard is offline   Profile for reecetard Add reecetard to your buddy list Homepage of reecetard
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

All I can say abt that is to check out eBay under Studio Ghibli and look for original prints, etc...

01.04.2015, 02:44 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

No idea what original prints are but you can get cells and film reel pieces. They're not cheap though. Otherwise, jigsaw puzzles work too.

But this post is probably too late though, huh?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

01.15.2015, 07:37 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

No, just in time for Valentines Day!!!

01.15.2015, 12:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks