QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Kaguya UK Cinema Release Date?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Kaguya UK Cinema Release Date? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Kaguya UK Cinema Release Date?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does anyone in the UK know if Princess Kaguya is going to see a cinematic release over here? I believe the US had theirs in October but still haven't heard anything in ol' England.

01.07.2015, 09:07 AM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If it released in the US haven't heard about it... I'll have to look around... As to the UK, I also haven't heard anything...

EDIT:
I missed the opening!!! I will now have to prowl the movies ads to find it (hopefully)

I couldn't find anything about a UK release yet...

still looking..

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.07.2015, 01:04 PM.

01.07.2015, 12:30 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A quick Google search just gives me several sources saying it's yet to be announced. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it though!

01.08.2015, 10:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that was all I could find myself, arren...

01.08.2015, 12:28 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
A quick Google search just gives me several sources saying it's yet to be announced. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it though!

did not you see it already?

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

01.09.2015, 10:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw it in Japan when it was out in cinemas there.

01.10.2015, 08:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In the UK, we are getting it around March, so the Blu Ray and DVD will be around April I believe

01.16.2015, 08:25 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Hey, Spidey, good to see ya again...

01.16.2015, 11:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Ah, right you are! Here's the confirmation: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...march-20/.83351

I don't think I would expect the DVD/BD release to follow quite that fast, but I'm sure it'll turn up before too long.

01.17.2015, 05:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well Takahata's movies are usually the hit-or-miss type, so I'm holding my wallet for now. I do have a not-so-hard copy that I want to watch soon enough.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.18.2015, 08:44 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'll make an effort to go see this on the big screen, there's a couple of independent art house cinemas that show this kind of movie near me. I'll go because it'll most likely be Takahata's last movie as well but also because in the trailers I've seen the animation looks absolutely beautiful (in a very avant garde Takahata way).

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.18.2015, 10:10 AM.

01.18.2015, 10:09 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
~OneSummersDay~
Calcifer

Registration Date: 08.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ~OneSummersDay~ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah nice, thanks for the research everyone! So it seems to be 20th March in the UK, that's exciting. Usually I'm not very hyped for Takahata's stuff, but the style of this film looks really cool and different.

It's based off of a Japanese folk story, right? I love how bizarre fairy tales often are. Also, the soundtrack by Hisaishi is looking to be another triumph. Looking forward to it

01.20.2015, 04:20 PM ~OneSummersDay~ is offline   Profile for ~OneSummersDay~ Add ~OneSummersDay~ to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I think that it was mentioned before somewhere, but The Tale of Princess Kaguya has been nominated for an 'Oscar' for the "best animated feature" along with:

Song of the Sea
The Boxtrolls
Big Hero 6
and
How to Train Your Dragon 2

on a related note, the nominations for "Best animated short" are:

Feast
The Bigger Picture
The Dam Keeper
Me and My Moulton
and
A Single Life

02.16.2015, 02:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Rats!!!

Princess Kaguya didn't win tonight, the award went to "Big Hero 6"

The animation short went to "Feast"...

To be honest, I figured that our Ghibli movie would appeal only to a select few of the world's movie goers. I kinda figured that Tame Your Dragon 2 might win...

02.22.2015, 11:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that's not surprising. I actually really want to see Big Hero 6, I've heard it's great and it looked good from the trailer.

I was hoping Kaguya might be on at the independent cinema near me but seems not, sadly. Will have to wait for the DVD.

My Anime List

02.23.2015, 12:30 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I think that you'll like Big Hero 6. I was lucky enough to se it abd I felt that it was good...

02.23.2015, 12:57 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

That's a shame. I was hoping they might give it to Kaguya on the basis that it's the last chance to give recognition to Takahata.

I've heard good things about Big Hero 6 and would like to see it, but I feel that this reflects the Academy's view of animation as something that succeeds if it's a blockbuster.

02.23.2015, 04:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

It would probably have a better chance at something like the Cannes festival... I've gotten the impression over the years that they judge a film on quality more so than profit...

02.23.2015, 01:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/award-season-...ion-109456.html

02.23.2015, 05:03 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That confirms what I already knew. The Oscar panel are clueless and their votes mean nothing.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.23.2015, 05:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks