QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Catching up with the Tavern
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Catching up with the Tavern » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  ]
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Saddles quote about Roar

"Just wondering what Roar did for 3 1/2 years! "

Brings up a question... How the heck did UO find him???

Oh ho, it was a very long three and half years for me being alone with RK
Don't remember where he came from, maybe he was a present since according to Saddles, RK joined on my birthday lol.

02.17.2015, 01:55 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

And THAT was a birthday present???

poor UO!

lol

02.17.2015, 04:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hardy har har guys

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.20.2015, 10:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
'YAY, Kiki' joined a month after I did and I kind of think of her as a sibling even tho she was only 13 at the time. We learned about the Tavern together and , while she was having some home problems, I hope that they have worked out and that she will came back sometime to let us know how she is doing.

Hey! So I guess this thread might be a little old since it was a few threads down (I should really learn to read timestamps for once), but I thought that this would be a good place to reintroduce myself (I guess I briefly posted in the random thoughts thread but whatever I'm sorry). Especially since Husky mentioned me!

First of all: thanks for remembering me! Really, coming back here is such a nice rush of nostalgia and I'm going to try (for real this time) to stick around. It's so nice to see that so many of you are still active.

As for what Husky said—I was having some home problems, but those have pretty much worked out. I'm twenty now (twenty! It's been so long!), so I'm living on my own (plus boyfriend) and home problems are a thing of the past.

I guess I'll update you guys on my life? Basically right now I'm doing barely anything because I was essentially forced to take a year off from school, but I've been in university for two years studying comparative literature, Japanese, and creative writing. Lately I've been doing a lot more artistic stuff since I have the time. And I'm learning code! As I mentioned, I live in my own house with my boyfriend. We have a bunch of cute cats and barely any space.

Man, but I feel so bad about having abandoned you guys. You really are like family. It's been nice reading about how you're all doing—for those of you who are doing well, I'm glad, and for those of you who haven't been, I hope things start looking up soon!

03.12.2015, 03:10 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Kiki! Awwww, so good to see you again!

It sounds like your life has come together for you after a period of struggle and that is fantastic.

We all go through our dark times - I have been facing mine for the last two years - and I've found it really helps to come onto the Tavern and talk with old friends.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2015, 04:27 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG!!!! Kiki!!! It is so great to see you!!!! oh, Crap, I odn't know where to start or what to say..... I almost feel like we are connected, kinda sorta because I more or less grew up in the Tavern with you sice we were kinda 'born' in the Tav at the same time... Oh, geez, I can'r=t even spell right right now and SI don't care....

deep breath, ............

Yay, Kiki... It is a real pleasure to see you again after all this time and I am so glad that things are working out for you and your boyfriend and cats, lol... My ex and I had over 175 cats during our 27 years together so I know what you are going thru with cats... lol. They came and went with time and many were strays that adopted us...

I gathered that you popped in once in a while so it may come as no surprise thatmy daughter now has 8 kids but is struggling to divorce her hubby, for good reasons, but in his country, it ain't so easy to do. Her two oldest girls are going to college and that's a blessing and I see them all occasionally in texts and they all love Granpa, which is returned 10-fold...

I woke up early with a leg cramp and came online to kill some time and here you are!!! I'd love to see Harmony-of-Mar come by now, that would make my day. Not to detract from all of the other wonderful friends that I've met in here...
again, Welcome back, Kiki...

03.12.2015, 09:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Doubled.... Oh, for once, I don't care...lol

You mentioned learning 'Code', are you referring to Medical Coding? I have a friend that I met when she also was 13, she used to hang around the service station where I was working after the Navy. Then met the rest of the family and have been friends ever since. She does 'Coding' and has done quite well at it over the years. Her and John are great people and I get together with them and her Mom once in a while... Sally (her Mom) is now about 94 or so and was in a Japanese camp in WW2 while in the Phillipines. Since she and her family were from Spain, a neutral country, they weren't treated quite as badly in camp as were many others. Mind you, it wasn't a picnic, but they survived... I have been to a couple of the Survivors meetings with them.

Anyway, saw the 'Code' thing and got curious...

03.12.2015, 10:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

she probably meant programming

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.12.2015, 01:49 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh wow, long time no see! Glad to hear your problems have cleared up.

03.13.2015, 10:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's so good to hear from you all! Husky, I hope things work out well soon for your daughter. And I agree! We're like Tavern siblings!

By code I meant HTML and CSS.

03.13.2015, 06:35 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

HTML = Hi Time, Missing Long...?

CSS = Columbia Stars and Spirits...?

03.13.2015, 07:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

YES. That's exactly what they are!

03.13.2015, 09:03 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When you get to PHP and javascript, I'll be here if you need a shoulder to cry on.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.14.2015, 11:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

and that is Philippines High Point and Borneo-an... lol

03.14.2015, 08:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
When you get to PHP and javascript, I'll be here if you need a shoulder to cry on.

why?

[i did not get the meaning, do you mean those are hard]

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

03.15.2015, 07:28 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HTML and CSS don't sound so bad. I remember back when I used to make my own ill-fated forums I would have to use bits of those (or at least related codes) and it was understandable enough. Of course, that was only the most basic level and I'm sure they get much harder! I wouldn't dare to attempt any serious coding.

03.15.2015, 04:16 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey!
So, in the time I've been gone, I've had my first kiss. Beyond that? not much.

03.31.2015, 05:56 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well that's great news! Was it nice? Also welcome back. Where did you go?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.31.2015, 06:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Middle School was being stupid. And yes, actually, it was. How's the tavern holding up?

03.31.2015, 06:25 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's here. As ever. Things are a little quiet at the moment.

Kaguya and Marnie seem to be the DVDs to get hold of and watch right now.

04.01.2015, 04:06 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  3  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks