QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Catching up with the Tavern
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Catching up with the Tavern » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Catching up with the TavernPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey guys! Suddenly had some Tavern nostalgia as I've been checking in the past couple days but haven't posted anything and a lot of the regulars seem pretty quiet.

Anyway, I know we have a highlights thread to keep up with people but that's more daily stuff, and I wondered how everyone was doing generally - where you are, how far you've come since you first joined, where you see yourself going. That kind of stuff!

Sooo for me, this is the online community I've been with for the longest period in my life (I love you guys!). I think I joined when I was in senior year of high school, which seems so distant. I thought I was a pretty mature high school kid, but hahah I guess most kids think that of themselves. Lots of growing up has happened! Now, I'm in my last semester of my second degree... and kind of ready to move on from school and live the grown up working girl life? I just came back from a family trip to Spain and Morocco, and along the way I also realized that I think I'm also ready to finally start thinking about dating people seriously. I had very little interest in romantic relationships for the longest time, and it sure was a fun time. Maybe I regret missing out on the craziness of young love? But mostly, I'm glad to have been true to myself and that I didn't force it. And hm, I guess in the past, I was always really sure of where I was going, but now I'm less sure of the destination, but I have more confidence in the journey.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with where I am, and it's been lovely having you all here to share the highs and lows of the past few years. Thank you <3 /sap

01.16.2015, 08:31 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Gosh, fen, you make it sound like you're leaving us!!! Please don't. It has always been fun talking to you and listening to all of the people in the Tavern...

01.16.2015, 11:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nooo not leaving D: Haha I'm just being reflective. Usually too busy sweating the small stuff to do that, so I think it's important to share it when I am.

Don't worry, I'll be around for ages ^^

01.17.2015, 12:33 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY!!!

01.17.2015, 03:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heyy nice to hear from you! I know I'm guilty of being pretty quiet lately so maybe I'll make an update post too later...

01.17.2015, 05:40 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for sharing Fen. The whole issue with relationships is always hard and so many people get hurt badly because they are either not ready or they let their heart rule their head. I am always amazed at how level-headed you were about that subject. I also always got the sense that despite being busy and away from the Tavern for long periods you'd always be around. I do know that whichever guy you decide to get serious with will be one amazingly fortunate person! I just hope with all my heart that he turns out to be as reliable as you.

As regards my own life reflecting back on the past few years i won't bore you but it has been one long train of disasters, bad decisions, bad luck and general mayhem. I am not in a happy place right now and seriously doubt my ability to ever get out of this hole. A year-long depression didn't help and I can only take things day by day and see what each brings for now.

The Tavern has been amazing though and while it has been a great place for friendship and support it has also been a huge privilege to see so many young people grow up and mature here.#

My only concern about a Tavern member as you all know is Mush. She has been away much too long. I just pray she's doing okay. If anyone has any contact details for her, do please try to get in touch.

Perhaps when I get my life finally sorted out I'll return to this thread and tell you all my news.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.17.2015, 07:05 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm also hoping that I am reading your post properly as well, Saddles...

That you are going to remain active, but return at a later date to talk abt your life.

Whenever you are ready my friend, do your thing. We are family...

01.17.2015, 12:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Correct, Husky. I too have no plans or desire to ever quit this place. No doubt I'll be logging in to say hi on my deathbed

I just don't post here much for a while due to life being a b*tch. When my head is in the right place to talk to you all about it, I will. Promise. For now I'm busy shovelling back the incoming tide with a fork.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.17.2015, 01:15 PM.

01.17.2015, 01:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
My only concern about a Tavern member as you all know is Mush. She has been away much too long. I just pray she's doing okay. If anyone has any contact details for her, do please try to get in touch.

i got little[literally] info on that, however if i try to find her out through that info it will be stalking straightforward. I hope someone has a better method of contacting her. However i too am missing her as we had some discussions going on between us.

@Fen

everybody is growing up and having similar kind of problems. You, mush, roar, me, fff, NC are of the same age group[20-30]. basically having similar problems relating to life [as far as i know all except fff are not in a relationship] . i think it will seem very funny once we grow older. however i have been fine with studies and stuff. did not start any major debate[which is a news] due to lack of time and mostly you guys were not there.

i kind of hope that we stay like this for the upcoming years. wish everyone all the best.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.18.2015, 04:22 PM.

01.17.2015, 01:42 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, I thought of Mush while writing my post I have all the faith she's just gotten busy with life and will return at some point. Hopefully sooner, rather than later ^^

NC too! I haven't seen her in a while, but that may be cause I simply haven't been around much.

I know you've been going through a long rough patch, Saddles, but as husky said, we'll be here when things turn around. *hugs*

@Saviour haha, thanks. No doubt our current problems will seem far away in the future. Best wishes back at you.

01.17.2015, 02:11 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for the hugs, even virtual ones work well.

NC is around and lurking most days. She posted a while ago saying her laptop died and posting here was a bit of a pain, maybe she has to use a PC that's public or something. But she's here, anyway.

Stalking or not, it would be good to hear from Mush - maybe Saviour you could PM Fen to pass on what you know and she could make contact? A girl contacting a girl after months of silence might be better than a guy doing so.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 01.17.2015, 02:18 PM.

01.17.2015, 02:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a marvellous place. I've said it before, the Tavern is home. I was thirteen when I came here eight years ago, so... just at the beginning of my journey towards adulthood I'd say.

I think we all know what a journey the last few years have been for me. Put simply, it's been a process of finding happiness. It's been hard at times but right now I'm the happiest I've ever been. My life is right on track. Only looking back can I see how miserable I was for so long. I didn't really realise it at the time, I was so used to feeling that way. Then there came those two big decisions - dropping out of university, and deciding to do something about my gender dysphoria. They both caused a lot of upset and problems at home and in life generally, but now, two or three years down the line, both me and family know that they were the best decisions I've ever made.

Coming to university this second time has been particularly amazing. For one thing, I'm studying something I truly enjoy and will hopefully help towards a good future. I have more friends than I've ever had in my life. Barely anyone knows my past, and those I have told couldn't care at all. Sure, things aren't perfect, I'm about as socially inept as I always was and I'm worried about money and things, but this is still the best my life has ever been, and I'm loving it.

My Anime List

01.17.2015, 02:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aww... huge, huge hugs to you Kaz. Its great to hear how things have turned around for you.

Strange thing is I don't remember you dropping out of uni the first time. Was that something you kept private? No need to answer this, I'm just wondering aloud to myself.

01.17.2015, 03:11 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
saviour2012
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

saddle my ways are borderline illigal. dont want to disclose anymore....

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]

01.17.2015, 06:10 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm actually nowhere in that age range, saviour, but anyway.

I believe Mush graduated as well as is now currently working as an Engineer. Unfortunately people in this sector can get very, very busy so I wouldn't blame her for being away. Me, I'm pretty choosy in my job so even now I'm working a five-day office-hour work week because I value my sleep and weekends.

Also because I hate being unable to plan my life, but hey.

Also, fen, join the ghibli marathon

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.18.2015, 09:16 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Kaz, so glad to hear that things are coming together for you... Big hugs, fella...

01.18.2015, 11:33 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
I'm actually nowhere in that age range, saviour, but anyway.

a little older(thats because your army job and other stuff i dont know) maybe.but you got my point. hmm actually you were when i joined i forgot to add up the years. edited the post.

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.18.2015, 04:21 PM.

01.18.2015, 04:16 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm doing okay. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning. So much schoolwork and just me generally feeling very unhappy with what I'm doing and feeling stuck. Sometimes I like, but often I just feel empty. I know what can make me happy and I wish I could focus on that instead but it's nothing but a pipe dream for now. I just need to keep my calm and try and finish what I've started. Try being the key word.

I never really imagined school could make me feel so down about life until I got here. The amount of problems I've faced since graduating have been enough to make matters worse, but I wouldn't change what's occurred. I just feel unhappy and often I think it's because what I'm doing in school still isn't challenging me to do better. I know I'm smart and I wish we'd had classes or something that taught you specifically how to write university level essays (which other universities do offer, I've checked their course lists and wondered why we couldn't have anything similar). I also know had I chosen a different degree that I'd have been much happier. I broke down in second year asking if it'd be possible to switch to Sociology, but was told "But you've always wanted to pursue English so you should stay at it". I should have switched anyway but feared graduating on time..

I mean, other things have been going well. I let go of an unhealthy relationship and found someone who I will likely spend my life with and everything feels natural with them. I've met a ton of awesome people. I'm just looking forward to graduating and doing teaching for a little while. I'm thinking of doing job shadowing with the incoming ESL students next year to gain experience that way if I can. Graduating is the only thing that is going to make me happy right now.

01.18.2015, 07:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

You always know, FFF, that you have our support in whichever way your life goes... Big Hugs, little one...

01.19.2015, 04:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky, and thank you Saddles. *hugs aplenty* It's possible that I just didn't mention that, Saddles. Not something I particularly intended to keep to myself. Sometimes big things happen, and they pass, and I just don't get around to mentioning them here. ^^'

My Anime List

01.19.2015, 01:45 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks