QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What TV are you watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What TV are you watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  ]
tonaricrilly1995
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.07.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tonaricrilly1995 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently been going on a Britcom watching spree for the past few months. Mainly been watching Spaced, Peep Show, Black Books, and Look Around You.
Also do watch some game shows regularly, such as Mastermind, Pointless and University Challenge
Not a TV show of course but I am watching Porco Rosso as of the moment. And I do occasionally watch the BBC 6 o' clock news.

https://linktr.ee/pfpchanger

02.07.2022, 01:01 PM tonaricrilly1995 is offline   Profile for tonaricrilly1995 Add tonaricrilly1995 to your buddy list AIM Screenname:  seriously what is this YIM Screenname: Really
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern!

Look Around You is such a good choice. I never got round to properly watching the second series, but bits from the first series are basically in my head at all times.

02.07.2022, 02:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Dad and I have been watching the sumo on NHK World On Demand. We watch the tournaments every time they come around; have been for two or three years now, so we've gotten to know a few of the wrestlers fairly well. It's pretty fun.

My Anime List

03.20.2022, 04:00 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tonaricrilly1995
Currently been going on a Britcom watching spree for the past few months. Mainly been watching Spaced, Peep Show, Black Books, and Look Around You.
Also do watch some game shows regularly, such as Mastermind, Pointless and University Challenge
Not a TV show of course but I am watching Porco Rosso as of the moment. And I do occasionally watch the BBC 6 o' clock news.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of which, my 6:00 News is coming on it less than a minute...

03.20.2022, 09:01 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Dad and I have been watching the sumo on NHK World On Demand. We watch the tournaments every time they come around; have been for two or three years now, so we've gotten to know a few of the wrestlers fairly well. It's pretty fun.

I went to see the big annual tournament in Osaka a few years ago! It's not something I keep up with, but it was fun to see it in person. I'd recommend it if you get the chance!

03.21.2022, 04:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

I went to see the big annual tournament in Osaka a few years ago! It's not something I keep up with, but it was fun to see it in person. I'd recommend it if you get the chance!

Ah, awesome! I actually did go once during my year abroad. It was the final excursion the university took us on before we left. Unfortunately, I knew very little about sumo at the time. Hakuho was the only name I knew. And Ura, since he was... one of the staff's friend's sons or... something like that, haha. One teacher bought me some chanko-nabe, which was very sweet. Uh, the gesture was sweet, I mean. Not the nabe. xD

My Anime List

03.21.2022, 04:48 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I can't say I knew much about it when I went either! I just knew some friends who had a chance to get tickets. I kinda figured out how it all worked as the day went on though.

03.22.2022, 04:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just started watching Moon Knight on Disney+. Really interesting so far. The first episode was so exciting, and the storytelling is engaging and keeps you wanting more. Looking forward to watch the rest.

It also has an Egyptian mythology spin to it which is really interesting.

04.30.2022, 09:41 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watched an hour show about famed female Samurai, Tomoe Goten and now watching another show about Braveheart!!!

08.26.2022, 12:50 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I recently watched the new Tolkein series, The Rings of Power. Although the story was a little silly at some points, I really enjoyed it! Visually, it was really stunning. Gorgeous cinematography.

My Anime List

10.26.2022, 08:24 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Metaphysical
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.05.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Metaphysical Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching the Grimm Adventures of Billy & Mandy. It's silly, but I enjoy the references to Edgar Allen Poe in most of the episodes.

10.27.2022, 08:13 AM Metaphysical is offline   Profile for Metaphysical Add Metaphysical to your buddy list
iwatchmovies
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.09.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by iwatchmovies Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really TV but I am watching Cabinet of Curiosities in Netflix. I am not really digging the show or I am just a sucker when it comes to gore

10.27.2022, 08:27 PM iwatchmovies is offline   Profile for iwatchmovies Add iwatchmovies to your buddy list Homepage of iwatchmovies
husky51
The Old Guy

Currently watching a PBS series on "Foods That Built America", like Twinkies and Frito-Lay potato chips, etc

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.27.2022, 06:46 PM.

11.27.2022, 06:40 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

watched "Wednesday" series on Netflix TV...

A tale about Wednesday Addams (from the "Addams Family" TV show) ending up at a boarding school and her mishaps there...

12.27.2022, 06:25 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watched some old Western TV shows, old 1/2 hour shows... "Have gun, will travel" with Richard Boone; "Rifleman" with Chuck Conners; "Wanted dead or alive" with Steve McQueen...

01.29.2023, 07:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching a Japanese serial titled, "The Kind-Hearted Cat" and just finished watching ep 4. A mix of humor, sadness and despair... Ep 5 next Saturday on NHK... Hard to wait, but no choice...

10.28.2023, 09:54 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks