QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What TV are you watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What TV are you watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the Steven Universe fandom is very.... Vocal? Is that the right word? I don't know, they are just loud and passionate, like an Italian grandmother.

01.02.2016, 01:46 AM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Buffy
Kodama

Registration Date: 07.07.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Buffy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watching Jane the Virgin with Dad.

And then on my own I've been watching Charmed, McLeod's Daughters, Boy Meets World, and Once Upon A Time.

And I'm always watching How I Met Your Mother as it's my fave.

01.21.2016, 12:07 AM Buffy is offline   Profile for Buffy Add Buffy to your buddy list
Lynnie
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.07.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lynnie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I recently watched Jessica Jones. Loved it.

02.05.2016, 09:46 PM Lynnie is offline   Profile for Lynnie Add Lynnie to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

"How We Invented the World" on the Science Channel...

Story of planes, learning different things that I didn't know before... Some of the hits and misses of their development.

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.06.2016, 12:26 AM.

02.06.2016, 12:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone else watching the Super Bowl? Husky?
Also, if any of you haven't seen Fargo, do so NOW. Especially the second season. There are literally NO faults with the second season of Fargo, and it has my highest reccomendation.

Post last edited by FlareNetworkC on 02.07.2016, 09:58 PM.

02.07.2016, 09:56 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Bits and pieres of it, WWas hoping that the Panthers would get it, but the Damn Bronks appear to have it in the bag.... Crap...

Oh, Well...

Watching "Salaryman Kintaro"

02.07.2016, 11:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

I was watching a show on the 10 oddest sharks last night. Interesting, and I actually caught one of them while fishing from the Navy ship I was on. We were anchored overnight off of the island where we were having Gunnery practice.

While the three of us were fishing, the ship's night baker brought up some freshly baked bread and butter...

Heavenly...

Oh, the shark I caught was a spiny shark with two spines sticking up out of its' dorsal fins... Ugly looking thing... lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.08.2016, 01:17 PM.

02.08.2016, 01:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I bet the goblin shark was on that show, huh? Maybe the hammerhead... There are a lot of odd sharks, true enough.

I've watched my first two J-dramas over the past week. First was Nihonjin no Shiranai Nihongo (Japanese the Japanese Don't Know), then today I finished Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend). The first was a comedy about a teacher teaching Japanese to foreigners. It was pretty fun, and I learned one or two things about the language and culture. The portrayals of the foreigners was... interesting. <.<; Zettai Kareshi was a romcom, I guess, heavy on the rom. Lonely girl orders an android boyfriend; shenanigans ensue. The heroine annoyed me often and the ending killed me, but it was enjoyable.

My friend says I should watch Hana Yori Dango or Hanazakari no Kimitachi he next.

My Anime List

02.11.2016, 10:29 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Recently discovered the hilarity that is Amy Schumer. I think it's time for an Inside Amy Schumer binge.

02.11.2016, 11:37 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

@Kaz...

Yep, they were along with the Tiger and White Sharks...
the Tasseled Woebegone... and the Thresher and Horn Shark... Cookiecutter Sharks.

They did miss some others equally or more odd...

Ghost, Frilled, Greenland and Megamouth Sharks to name a few...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.12.2016, 01:55 AM.

02.12.2016, 12:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

I watched 51 Amy Schumer skits this morning.

I need help.

02.12.2016, 12:28 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Yes, yes you do, Flare...

Occasionally I would get so engrossed in a book that I might stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning and then have to get up at 4am to go to work...

In my youth (abt 24 or so) (yeah, yeah, I too was that young once) I was living iin Long Beach, Ca and had driven to San Diego area to visit friends at the Armed Services YMCA stage show. I went backstage to see old friends, then went to Santee with one of the families that I knew and spent some time with them, then realized what time it was and got into my Mustang and scooted my butt home.

I only had time to take a quick shower and after 36 hrs of being awake and driving over 200 miles, rolled into the service station where I worked the 'graveyard shift'. Mostly working alone pumping gas thru the night.

I NEVER did that again!

02.12.2016, 12:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Recently haven't gotten very into Portlandia, a sketch show about Portland, Oregon that is very cleverly written and has lots of weight and social commentary to it. It's also an LGBT friendly show, as the lead female actress, Carrie Brownstein, is bisexual. So, that's a nice plus!

03.30.2016, 11:58 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Watching one of my fav shows... "Castle"...

I also like "Bones", "NCIS", and other cop shows...

03.31.2016, 01:26 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I feel like I'm late to the Steven Universe conversation, but it's definitely super easy to get into IMHO!! The episodes are only ten minutes long so they're very digestible and there's not a super huge number of them. Some people say it's a little slow in the beginning (not me though!!) but it's definitely worth it to stick with it.

As for what I've been watching more recently - Jane the Virgin, which I LOVE. I know it's not realistic, but I hope Jane and Petra get together. :') I loooove Petra, hate Rafael, and Michael looks like cottage cheese. Jane/Petra would be so perfect!!! It would solve so many problems!!!

I was watching The 100 a little while ago, but stopped after the Lexa Debacle.

I also started watching The Paradise on Netflix, and I like it for its protagonist and the period and soft colors but I am less into how Capitalism Is Amazing! it is.

03.31.2016, 11:59 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
belborges
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by belborges Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm still in my Steven Universe obsession, also made a few friends from universtiy watch it and they're all loving it so far.
Can't wait for upcoming episodes announcements!

04.01.2016, 06:45 PM belborges is offline   Profile for belborges Add belborges to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh man hana yori dango was such fun back in the day. Wonder how I'd like it if it rewatched.

@Kaz: I've also heard really good things about Rich Man Poor Woman if you're looking for jdrama to try.

I'm watching Scandal on American tv.

Also watching korean drama... Descendants of the Sun, as well as Goodbye Mr. Black.

04.01.2016, 09:25 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

haha, watching "Alaskan State Troopers", a cop show, of course...

04.02.2016, 01:21 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kailee Brambani
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am currently addicted to Mr. Robot in Netflix

08.02.2016, 12:01 AM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
Kailee Brambani
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.05.14
  watching?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kailee Brambani Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

BTW, I want to watch news than any other programs except the first I mentioned.

Post last edited by Kailee Brambani on 08.02.2016, 02:45 PM.

08.02.2016, 02:44 PM Kailee Brambani is offline   Profile for Kailee Brambani Add Kailee Brambani to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks