QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What TV are you watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What TV are you watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watching "NCIS", and I like "Castle" and "Bones"... All mysteries with strong male and female leads...

08.02.2016, 07:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not on TV, but I've been watching Scarlet Hear: Ryeo. Obsessively.

I love sageuk dramas a lot. Most of my friends who watch dramas aren't so big on sageuk but honestly that's the genre that introduced me to Korean dramas.

Also who can resist a sageuk with Lee Joon Gi as the lead? I love this man. He's so ethereally pretty it almost hurts to look at him. lol His age is starting to show but he looks even more beautiful now than he did when he was younger.

09.29.2016, 11:19 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Did I say never watch TV? I have a 32" monitor that can be a TV if I had a means to send signals to it but I don't. No satellite dish, no aerial, no set-top box, nothing. The monitor displays my PC image and my DVD player output.

I gave up on TV entirely when everything I could possibly want to watch came out on iPlayer-type websites and other sites that host documentaries, etc.

I also have an especially virulent hatred of adverts so, yeah. Same reason I never listen to the radio.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.30.2016, 04:50 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am watching a show about P-51's aircraft engaging in dogfights during WW2 and some of their maneuverings...

03.07.2017, 12:15 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

hahaha, got the TV on while I'm typing this and watching a show called "Metropolis" telling about different major cities from their origins to today...
Today is about 'New Orleans'...

While watching I heard an interesting (of sorts) story of where the dice game called "Craps" got its name down in New Orleans. It seems, according to the show, that it was originally called 'crappo' (not sure if that is the correct spelling in French) a French word for toad, which the gamblers kinda looked like when hunched over the floor playing the game. Then it was shortened to Craps...

or so they say....
---------------------------------------------------
An interesting note, Louis Armstrong, Trumpeter of fame, had a criminal record in New Orleans...
Abandoned by his father at nine, got busted for stealing and a few years later arrested for firing a gun into the air. While incarcerated he was given a gift of a cornet...

and the rest is history.... Love his music, ol' Satchmo...
---------------------------------------------------
WOW!
They were talking about how a man named Higgins developed a shallow draft boat for use in the Louisiana Bayou swamps by the Cajuns, refugees from Nova Scotia, I believe it is, where they were kicked out by the British.

Anyway, came WWII and the government needed a small, shallow draft boat to be able to land troops on hostile shores in a timely manner. Higgins Boats, as they were called, received the nomenclature of 'LCVP" or Landing Craft Vehicle, Personnel, the small boats you see in movies or historical's, landing troops on the beaches...

On the TV show they had one of these boats on display in a museum in New Orleans and it had the number of the second ship I was on while in the US Navy!!! "PA33-21".... Now in old WWII combat films, I have seen boats marked with 'PA33' on the sides of their bows in the Normandy landing and also in a few Pacific landing's This identified them as belonging to the USS Bayfield APA33, a troop transport and a flagship during the Normandy invasion... She was still going during the Vietnam era when I went aboard her in Long Beach, California...

She was a US Coast Guard vessel in WWII and while she was still being built, she bore the name SS Sea Bass, a freighter. In 1944, she was renamed the USS Bayfield when her construction was taken over by the government, in need of troop transports. I saw her last when we were 'mothballing' her in preparation to be put into the 'mothball' fleet for possible use in the future. Unfortunately, due to a hull survey, it was determined that her hull plates had worn too thin over her years of service and it was decided to scrap her instead. This was in 1968, just days before I was released from the US Navy.

HAHAHA, I just thought of it, but I have a lasting physical memory of her in my left forefinger, disfigured by an infection gotten while mothballing her... I was in hospital for three weeks then a week in 'Separations', then out of the Navy...

I was totally taken by surprise to see this small boat on the show with USS Bayfield ID...

Sorry for the long post, I got carried away when I saw the boat...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.16.2017, 02:45 PM.

03.16.2017, 01:36 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
FlareNetworkC
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.02.14
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by FlareNetworkC Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently totally enjoying Legion. It doesn't surprise me, seeing as I love X-Men and I love Noah Hawley. Speaking of Noah Hawley, as soon as I'm done with Legion I'll be watching Season 3 of Fargo! VV excited.

05.08.2017, 06:59 PM FlareNetworkC is offline   Profile for FlareNetworkC Add FlareNetworkC to your buddy list
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Downton Abbey, Grey's Anatomy, Arrow, Flash and Legion !

05.11.2017, 06:19 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
husky51
The Old Guy

Good to see you again, Koda...

Watching a series of 'Bones' episodes... The stories are about Temperance Brennan (aka 'Bones'), a forensic anthropologist with the Smithsonian, and Seely Booth, an FBI agent, who work together on unusual and quite often, extremely gory murder victims...

Usually pretty interesting...

The first episodes they were just partners with other love partners that occasionally changed and finally they spend so much time together... well, things get complicated and humorous along with the gory.....

And I like it, what can I say...

------------------------------------------------------

Now wathing a show dealing with the life of the Alpine 'Iceman', the man found frozen in the mountains from back in the stone/copper age of man...

Post last edited by husky51 on 05.11.2017, 10:34 PM.

05.11.2017, 09:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Earlier i was watching Big Little Lies and 13 Reasons Why. I really enjoyed both, they're really well produced.

Lately i've been watching black mirror season 3. I'm late to it, but I can see why it is such a popular series. I especially enjoyed Season 3 Ep 1, the social media episode.

06.02.2017, 12:58 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Good to see you again, Calforsale, welcome back...

I'll have to check out the series you mentioned...

06.02.2017, 02:32 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ragstack
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ragstack Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hooked on Stranger Things lately, since season 2 was released last week

11.08.2017, 06:30 AM ragstack is offline   Profile for ragstack Add ragstack to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching Stranger Things Season 2.

11.08.2017, 10:58 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
night_bird
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.03.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by night_bird Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I do not watch TV, because I do not have it) Everything I need, I find on the Internet.

04.08.2018, 03:50 PM night_bird is offline   Profile for night_bird Add night_bird to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

NCIS...

04.28.2018, 09:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
4minute
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 4minute Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My granny loves to watch it, and I prefer Disney Channel)

05.08.2018, 08:29 AM 4minute is offline   Profile for 4minute Add 4minute to your buddy list
rickytrnr
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.23.18
  What TV are you watchingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rickytrnr Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hello

Yes I am watching Tv daily .

[advert removed]

05.23.2018, 02:47 AM rickytrnr is offline   Profile for rickytrnr Add rickytrnr to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, rickytrnr...

What TV shows do you like to watch?

05.23.2018, 04:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Right now, I am watching some old 'Mythbusters' shows...

05.24.2018, 04:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Tonight, watched a documentary on the early personal lives of Stalin and Hitler...

Now watching "Blue Bloods", a cop show...

06.16.2018, 01:19 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

was flipping thru the Netflix menu and saw something that was about a 'boy' becoming a superhero... (Turned out that it was a girl with a short hair-do...) And some weird stuff going on in her life. It was a non-anime Netflix series of 7 episodes... titled: "I am Not Okay With This"...

All I can say is that 'stuff' starts happening when she gets angry or scared...

03.12.2020, 06:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks