QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What TV are you watching?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What TV are you watching? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen that come up as a recommendation, but this is the first I've heard anything about what it is. Any good?

03.12.2020, 07:44 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally, I kept watching it just to see what would happen next, and to be honest, I didn't care for the ending, surprise though it was...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.23.2020, 06:01 PM.

03.13.2020, 03:14 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watching Spirited Away again for the nth time

03.23.2020, 04:15 AM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome poncholumps!

I haven't seen Spirited Away in a while, but I think it must be the Ghibli film I've watched the most times. It was the first, at least.

03.23.2020, 05:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome, poncholumps, to the Tavern...

We always like to see new members,

again, Welcome...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.23.2020, 06:06 PM.

03.23.2020, 06:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

watching Qanon Documentaries it gives a lot of learning about the current situation.

04.19.2020, 09:36 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I watch enough news from various sources, including BBC and NHK as well as my local stations to get covid info, but moistly I'm watching Animal Planet "zoo" shows and the like plus "NCIS" and "PD Live" and last night I watched "Castle", an 'author/private eye and cop' show...

I spend a LOT of my time on m laptop coloring in Mandala's... Yhese usually take a number of hours each to complete.

That and reading...

And if course, watching anime, including Ghibli...

04.20.2020, 12:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I've mostly been watching stuff on YouTube lately. It's good for taking my mind off more serious things. Another good choice for that is trashy reality TV. I've watched some really dumb series on Netflix in the past while.

04.20.2020, 07:37 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

At the moment, I am watching a show, in a series of one hour shows, titled "Murdoch Mysteries", Murdoch being a police detective in Toronto, Canada about the year 1886, (which is displayed prominently and often on a building)... I have been watching it for a few months now, and have yet to have seen a repeat. the detective works out different methods of forensic evidence, such as 'fingermarks' (prints) and the woman who becomes his wife is a doctor coroner who believes in women's suffrage among other interests...

The show runs a marathon schedule one day a week

10.24.2020, 05:07 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

At this moment, (Monday evening/night) watching a a monday night marathon of NCIS TC shows... Last week and this I have been enjoying a series of programs from season one... It is fun watching the original cast members and the way that the program is coming together that it is famous for throughout its subsequent 16 seasons...

10.26.2020, 11:16 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I started the second season of What We Do in the Shadows at the weekend. So far it's just as funny as the first season! It's still a bit surprising to me that a TV series got made at all though.

10.28.2020, 05:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Has anyone here watched Alice in Borderline? it's in Netflix

12.21.2020, 09:21 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only thing I watch on tv these past few months is the news

Post last edited by KaliAce on 01.07.2021, 03:43 PM.

01.07.2021, 03:42 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I basically NEVER watch TV but yesterday chose to dip into Netflix and watch "The Dig" which turned out to have me transfixed and glued to my screen. Great acting, great story, and beautiful music. A really low key story of world-important events (in archaeology, that is). I felt like it was a film that Hayao Miyazaki might have made if he'd gone into live action.

Very highly recommended.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.25.2021, 06:36 PM.

02.25.2021, 06:35 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone get onboard the Squid Games train? It was an easy and fun watch. Though weirdly hyped. Concept isn't new but I guess the Korean style of production and storytelling is a refreshing lense.

10.23.2021, 05:36 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I've been watching it too. I got a bit sidelined and still have an episode to go, but I do like most of what I've seen so far. I know it's not the first thing to do this concept, but I appreciate that it's clear about what it represents, and not just going for shock value.

11.05.2021, 12:58 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
ButaPairotto
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ButaPairotto Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been watchin the show Japan Sinks on Netflix.

Minimal Spoilers:

It's about the government squabbling that happens while this renegade scientist is sounding the alarm of the imminent natural disaster is coming.
A young politician then takes it upon himself to do anything necessary to save the people of Tokyo, even it it costs him his career.

11.16.2021, 09:36 AM ButaPairotto is offline   Profile for ButaPairotto Add ButaPairotto to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

new Dexter is good so far

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

11.22.2021, 09:49 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I've been watching 3 hrs of 'Nova' on the permafrost melting, increasing the Methane content in our atmosphere; A Puma and her 4 cubs surviving in the South American wilds; Plate Tectonic shifting in the last 200 million yrs and the shaping of our present day landmasses...

And Now, the News...

02.03.2022, 03:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by makc
new Dexter is good so far

well it started good but ended miserably. at the same there was a much better series (the mayor of kingstown) but it did not end.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

02.05.2022, 10:01 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks