QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Nausicaa: The Manga
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Nausicaa: The Manga » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.23.15
  Nausicaa: The MangaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totorosfantasy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How many among those in the forum here have read through the Nausicaa Manga? I bought the box set of the hardcover copies (two 600pg volumes and a poster). So far I've read through the first volume, and if it's possible, it only makes me appreciate Nausicaa even more than I already did from the movie. If you loved the movie as much as I have, the manga collection is a MUST HAVE.

06.18.2015, 12:56 PM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
Spungwa
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.21.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Spungwa Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like you love the movie, close call for me between Whisper of the heart and Nausicaa for my favourite Ghibli movie.

I read them about 2 years ago and i can say you are in for a treat, the middle and end divert, or probably more accurately expand, from the movie.

I found that the movie was inhanced by reading the manga as it gives more background on the ecology and characters.

Spungwa

06.19.2015, 06:23 AM Spungwa is offline   Profile for Spungwa Add Spungwa to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have some of the comic (forget the Japanese word) issues of Nausicaa and yes... I have found that if I enjoyed an anime and found a manga of that anime, that it brought out a whole new enjoyment to the whole thing.

It would, as you said, Spungwa, enhance the story...

06.19.2015, 11:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Totorosfantasy
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.23.15
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totorosfantasy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It certainly does enhance the movie; but more importantly the characters involved. There are so many scenes where Nausicaa is the embodiment of a pure and wholesome good-natured character, it makes you smile. I appreciated this one scene where she was involved in a war alongside Kushana's army, and she did something that turned the tide so much so that soldiers asked Kushana to break ranks just to protect Nausicaa. It's difficult to find anything not to like about Nausicaa.

06.19.2015, 12:15 PM Totorosfantasy is offline   Profile for Totorosfantasy Add Totorosfantasy to your buddy list Send an Email to Totorosfantasy
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks