QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cardcaptor Sakura
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cardcaptor Sakura » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
JanJosé
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

obv i luv kero, lol

10.03.2007, 06:34 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

he was cute but he kind of irritated me.li did too,he was a jerk to sakura

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.03.2007, 06:53 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
JanJosé
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by JanJosé Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

all great mentors are a bit harsh, but he wasnt half as much fun when he went all big like lol

10.03.2007, 07:03 AM JanJosé is offline   Profile for JanJosé Add JanJosé to your buddy list Send an Email to JanJosé
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nah,but he looked cool.

10.03.2007, 07:14 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by harmony-of-mar
school?dude its the holidays.

Lucky you. Everyone else is at school.

I used to watch this ages ago when it was on TV, and I loved it. I might actually start watching it again one day, I really like the light style and the fun storyline.

10.03.2007, 11:31 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Probably the only Mahou Shoujo genre to surpass CCS in popularity is Sailor Moon.

That's how big it is.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.03.2007, 11:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
harmony-of-mar
Baron

go sailor moon!half the show was them transformorming,or whinging about their boyfriends,but still good!

10.03.2007, 05:59 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
harmony-of-mar
Baron

yep,tsubsa has li,only he goes by his last name which a cant remember how to spell,and hes not a complete jerk.

10.05.2007, 11:00 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Probably the only Mahou Shoujo genre to surpass CCS in popularity is Sailor Moon.

That's how big it is.

Really? CCS never seemed popular to me. Not like sailor moon. I've never seen any Card Captor Sakura backpacks or stationary, for example.

Although, while neither CCS nor Sailor Moon had much plot or substance to them, at least CCS makes you feel good when you watch it. The characters feel more ordinary and realistic, and the little things in life are as important as the big theme of the episode. Sailor Moon was just irritating. I liked Sailor Mercury because she was intelligent, but everybody else in the entire show really got on my nerves. I'm sorry.

Post last edited by Mush on 10.05.2007, 11:26 PM.

10.05.2007, 11:25 PM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The MahouShoujo genre was extremely saturated during it's time of release. There were other shows of the same genre during the nineties, most involving magical girls, but only CCS managed to actually gain mass popularity in a very big way all the way to the States.

Sailor Moon is a legend. No anime of the same genre can surpass it. It's like trying to surpass Sazae-chan or Doraemon.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.06.2007, 02:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
harmony-of-mar
Baron

not even kiki?

10.06.2007, 04:27 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember...I remember both..o_O I didn't miss a single episode of Sailor Moon when I was younger, but I happened to enjoy CCS more, even the English. When I first found CCs, it was at my grandparents house and they turned on a TV and it was on and I got addicted to it like chili. XD It seems that way, ever since. o_O Animes the only thing that's done that, even before I knew what it was. Magic? XD

I used to act like Sakura, always saying whatever she said. o_O I loved Yukito/Julian and Eriol/Eli. OMG, glasses wearers. XD So, yeah, I like guys with glasses. So what? They gave me a magazine and I said that this one guy with glasses was hot and everyone thought something was messed up with me.

I used to see all the DVDs. I was gonna buy one this summer because it was for sale for like 7$ but chose Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar over it because the character design was by Koge-Donbo, my sister's favorite manga-ka, and we both liked Pita Ten and Kamichama Karin. (KK is also a mahou shojou anime/manga series. The manga was really good. I keep complaining they ruined Micchi in the anime, but he's not really any different. XD) Sugar's also a bit of mahou shojou. But it was an extremely rare find and they had many DVDs for sale of it that were only 7$ and I wanted to hear their English voices. We own one VHS tape of CCS.

10.06.2007, 10:36 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
yep,tsubsa has li,only he goes by his last name which a cant remember how to spell,and hes not a complete jerk.

His name is Syoaran. His first name was Syaoran in CardCaptor Sakura too and his last name was Li. They changed Li to his first name in the english dub because it was easier to say than Syaoran.

10.17.2007, 04:00 PM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved card captors to
i thought
that li's guys name was link like in zelda but i am prolly wrong i haven't seen the series for about eight or seven years

10.17.2007, 08:53 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

His name was Syaoran Li. Not Link.

In the Japanese version of CardCaptors, Sakura called him Li because in Japan it's common to call someone you are not close to by their last name. The english dub just used his last name as his first name because that's what Sakura was calling him anyway and Li is easier to say.

10.17.2007, 10:52 PM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmm yeah trust americans to get around somthing so minor...pwaa

10.17.2007, 11:09 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

amercans are so simple in there names,and the dubbing makes the stuff less cool.just look at poor yugioh and yugioh gx.

10.17.2007, 11:24 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Well, to be perfectly fair, there are a lot of good dubs out there. Unfortunately, CardCaptors is not one of them. In fact, other people reference CardCaptors when they talk about the worst dub shows ever.

I didn't hate the dub, it was OK. However, after a while I realized how much they cut out and how much they weren't going to have in it and I was severely disappointed. However, I will always love Syaoran Li.

Post last edited by WingedBandit on 10.18.2007, 02:12 AM.

10.18.2007, 02:10 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

li is cool,but i would have liked it if he and sakura got together.he was a bit of a jerk too.

10.18.2007, 09:48 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
WingedBandit
Tanuki

quote:
li is cool,but i would have liked it if he and sakura got together.he was a bit of a jerk too.

Um... in the Last CardCaptor Sakura movie they did get together. And he actually wasn't a jerk towards the end of the series.

Post last edited by WingedBandit on 10.19.2007, 12:27 AM.

10.19.2007, 12:26 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks