QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anyone know if there's gonna be a sequel to Princess Mononoke
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Anyone know if there's gonna be a sequel to Princess Mononoke » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.10.03
Anyone know if there's gonna be a sequel to Princess MononokePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Wolvenrider Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm a newbie here, and I realize that this has probably been beaten into the hround, but I was wondering if there is going to be a sequel to Princess Mononoke.

01.10.2003, 02:53 PM Wolvenrider is offline   Profile for Wolvenrider Add Wolvenrider to your buddy list
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

havent heard of any official word on sequal.... and i seriously doubt there will be one

01.10.2003, 03:07 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
U.S.S. Speed
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.03
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by U.S.S. Speed Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only hope the story will rock like the first one.

01.11.2003, 10:29 PM U.S.S. Speed is offline   Profile for U.S.S. Speed Add U.S.S. Speed to your buddy list
echelon
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.22.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by echelon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Miyazaki does not do sequels... "The Cat Returns" is the only exception I know of, and Miyazaki didn't do it.

01.12.2003, 01:51 PM echelon is offline   Profile for echelon Add echelon to your buddy list Homepage of echelon Add echelon to your contact list AIM Screenname: echelonrequiem YIM Screenname: jamesdazman
UO
(/`A')/

Registration Date: 03.03.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by UO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yup and cat returns isnt even really a sequal...

01.12.2003, 05:45 PM UO is offline   Profile for UO Add UO to your buddy list Send an Email to UO Homepage of UO
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

even if there was a sequal, it might wreck the really good story of Mononoke to go more deeper into the story... if that made any sense at all.
Sometimes Sequals ruin the first film, is what i hav to say. but i dunno, it might just be me :tongue:

02.10.2003, 11:55 PM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what i can tell of Princess Mononoke there isn't much room for a sequal.

The Ghibli movies have always had the plot concluded with a few loose strings but never enough for a sequal.

Take Nausica, Laputa or Princess Mononoke
you wonder at the end what happens to the characters; do they get together. But beyond that there are no open plots; all the bad guys are a) dead, b) friends with the good guys. The Ghibli characters are painted to real to life to be all evil.

If any movie has potential for a sequal i would say it is Spirited Away. There are endless adventures to be had there. To be able to wonder around the world of the Gods? They could almost make it a series...

Melkor

02.18.2003, 06:45 AM  
Sammi
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.28.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sammi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I almost don't know if I'd want them to make a series out of Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi... And the thing is, Mononoke is such a complete film. It really doesn't NEED a sequel. Most of the time, sequels ruin the original for me. But that's just me.

~ Sammi <3

02.25.2003, 10:04 PM Sammi is offline   Profile for Sammi Add Sammi to your buddy list Send an Email to Sammi Homepage of Sammi
shizuku
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.05.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shizuku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dun think they do sequels..but with "the cat returns" i guess itz cuz...well...(i haven't seen it) but i don't think the cat returns has anything to do with the story of whisper of the heart. i mean its the same cat...different story...*shrug*

and usually sequals arent as good as the first one...who agrees!? (lol) if they made a princess mononoke sequel...i'd be surprised

payce

03.05.2003, 01:07 AM shizuku is offline   Profile for shizuku Add shizuku to your buddy list Send an Email to shizuku
MononokeOnMyMind
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.24.03
Hey Now!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by MononokeOnMyMind Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Watch out now!! Miyazaki may not do sequels to his movies, but Nausicaa had so much more story to go after the first movie. That movie is nothing in comparison to the books! It goes deeper and farther into the storyline, you find out much more about the characters, and the world they live in.
I would say that if any of his movies deserved a sequel it would be Nausicaa. The books were a mind blowing story that the movie only touched on. How I love them so!! Hehe!

/\/\/ Trace /\/\/

www.geocities.com/trace501

03.05.2003, 03:23 PM MononokeOnMyMind is offline   Profile for MononokeOnMyMind Add MononokeOnMyMind to your buddy list Send an Email to MononokeOnMyMind Homepage of MononokeOnMyMind Add MononokeOnMyMind to your contact list AIM Screenname: ILikeChicken3 YIM Screenname: trace501@yahoo.com
Unregistered User

Registration Date:

Miyazaki always makes sequel......surprised?

Mononoke is a sequel to Nausicaa.

Laputa is a sequel to Future Boy Conan and Castle of Calgliostlo,

Totoro is a sequel to Panda! Go Panda!

I think you understand what I mean.

04.07.2003, 11:24 AM  
amaki_tenshi
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.09.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by amaki_tenshi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sammi
I almost don't know if I'd want them to make a series out of Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi... And the thing is, Mononoke is such a complete film. It really doesn't NEED a sequel. Most of the time, sequels ruin the original for me. But that's just me.

~ Sammi <3

I think the same as u...but what about LupinIII???
The sequel was wanderful and the serie too....may be Sensey Miyazaki will do something like by LupinIII again I hope...because I'd really like to see a new serie made by Miya san....I could never foget Future boy Conan (Mirai shonen Conan )

06.09.2003, 06:50 PM amaki_tenshi is offline   Profile for amaki_tenshi Add amaki_tenshi to your buddy list Add amaki_tenshi to your contact list YIM Screenname: amaki_tenshi
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by echelon
Miyazaki does not do sequels... "The Cat Returns" is the only exception I know of, and Miyazaki didn't do it.

That's no sequel. The only similarity is the Baron. I seriously doubt that Muta was the same cat as Mimi wo Sumaseba (pls, he was GREY then, remember?).

Anyway, the only REAL sequel is ghiblies 2.

quote:
Mononoke is a sequel to Nausicaa.

Laputa is a sequel to Future Boy Conan and Castle of Calgliostlo,

Totoro is a sequel to Panda! Go Panda!

Uh, i wouldn't really call those sequels " They got a lot of similarities, sure, but saying that they're sequels is more than a bit exagerating, dont u think? I mean MH is set in the past in japan, Nausicaa aint even in the real world.

But to each his own, and hey, its not wrong to express one's opinions, hey?

Edit: Btw, juz in case ur wondering why Neko no Ongaeshi is often called the sequel to Mimi wo Sumaseba, apart from the 2 cats, its cuz both were from mangas drawn by the same artist, Hiiragi Aoi.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 06.10.2003, 09:20 AM.

06.10.2003, 09:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks