QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Busan Adventure
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Busan Adventure » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
skye
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.04.15
  Busan Adventure Search for Posts by skye Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Currently working in South Korea.

Had the chance to go to the Studio Ghibli Exhibition at Busan Musuem of Art

an incredible display of art works from most of the movies.

Scale replica models of some of the famous buildings , like the house on Totoro

managed to get interview by Korean TV for piece they will broadcast on the 30th October

A large gift shop full of fabulous items , from Finger puppets to a large Totoro. So much stuff

Managed to get 2 totoro musical statues.

Lots of leafets advertising the exhibition , and exhibition poster and a 2 metre fabric drape advertising

Next saturday will watch Totoro in an open cinema at the Busan film festival

Special times

10.04.2015, 08:43 AM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Glad you were able to enjoy the experience, skye

Welcome to the Tavern, skye

10.04.2015, 11:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
skye
Kodama

Search for Posts by skye Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would like to post some photos

Could some please let me know how

Thanks

10.08.2015, 12:35 AM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You need to upload them first to an image hosting site like Photobucket, Imgur, Flikr, etc then link the image URL here with the [ img ] [ /img ] BB code tags around the image's address (only without the spaces inside the square brackets.

Best to make it a jpeg too.

If you "quote" my post you will see how the code works.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.08.2015, 03:58 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
skye
Kodama

Search for Posts by skye Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Saddletank , really appreciated
I will give it a go and see what it looks like with one image

10.13.2015, 07:58 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

a little bit big

10.13.2015, 07:59 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Sorry for the quality , or lack of as 'no photos' allowed inside the exhibition. I pretended I did not speak Korean

10.13.2015, 08:01 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

10.13.2015, 08:04 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

These advertising banners were on the lamp posts around the museum. This one is mine , don't ask how, acquired at considerable cost and effort.
It looks terrific at home

10.13.2015, 08:11 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Various model dioramas , the most impressive were large ones of Heidi of the Hills and the bath house from Spirited away, unfortunately both of these were heavily guarded by the museum staff

this is a small one a managed to sneak

10.13.2015, 08:54 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Howl's Moving Castle

10.13.2015, 09:03 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fantastic pictures, thank you very much! The plans and drawings of the 'piggy house' are really unusual.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.14.2015, 04:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
skye
Kodama

Thanks Saddletank , I didn't think anybody would be that interested. I will post a copy of the Exhibition poster and pamphlet later tonight
here is another photo. Let me know when I should stop posting

10.14.2015, 04:36 AM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

and they have their own facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/ghibliinbusan

all in Korean , but a 1 minute film on building the exhibition is worth the watch

10.15.2015, 05:00 AM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Some leaflets from the Exhibition

10.20.2015, 08:23 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

My Neighbors the Yamada's

10.20.2015, 08:25 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Heidi of the Hills

10.20.2015, 08:26 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Diorama - Sosuke's House from Ponyo

10.20.2015, 08:27 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

10.20.2015, 08:27 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
skye
Kodama

Diorama - Back of the Bath house in Spirited away

10.20.2015, 08:28 PM skye is offline   Profile for skye Add skye to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks