QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Top 100 Anime Poll
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Top 100 Anime Poll » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Top 100 Anime PollPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

On another forum I saw a link to this video about doing a Top 100 anime poll. I didn't actually watch the video itself, but it seemed to be a response to an NHK viewers' poll in Japan. It'll be interesting to see what the end result is, and I thought I might as well share it here too.

Video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qH1ujPjbUQ

Poll form: https://goo.gl/forms/ofd80PVBQdIZRDG63

NHK results: http://www.nhk.or.jp/anime/anime100/ani_report/

08.11.2017, 06:48 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Most of the Japanese poll is in Kanji so I cannot read it but I see Tiger and Bunny is #1 and has 2 other series in the top ten. Akira squeaked in at #97.

I am doubtful if this was a poll conducted by adults or critics, or indeed means anything at all except that a lot of Tiger and Bunny fans voted.

After a brief scan of the comments on the YT video you can see the same trend. These polls usually never amount to much, sorry for my cynicism!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 08.11.2017, 09:23 AM.

08.11.2017, 09:19 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh yeah, I agree. They depend very much on what kind of audience they reach, since they're just general viewers' polls, but that's why I'm interested to see what happens. I'd like to know how this one is skewed compared with the Japanese one.

08.11.2017, 09:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks