QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Artwork, wallpapers, inspiration
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Artwork, wallpapers, inspiration » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Artwork, wallpapers, inspirationPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I thought we had a thread for cool images and artwork but it seems we don't. I come across a lot of artwork that I save and put in my wallpaper folder and thought we could share stuff that fits the cool or epic or pretty or curious format and can be used for wallpapers.

White Castle by Yuri Schwedoff

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/white-castle-1632dfa5-bce0-45ac-9fc4-d752b68591f6

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.20.2017, 09:32 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will dig through what I have and see what I have to share... May take a couple of days...

08.20.2017, 02:45 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For all the years that I've used photobucket to post images in here, they have now complicated it up so much that I can save to my library, but when I try to post, all I get is crap about taking a survey first and upgrading my account and I cannot go any further with out agreeing to sign up for some thing I don't really want.

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.21.2017, 07:57 PM.

08.21.2017, 07:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmm, have you tried a site called imgur, Husky? I find it much simpler and nicer to use than Photobucket.

My Anime List

08.21.2017, 08:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thanks, Kaz... getting tired now so I'll try tomorrow

08.22.2017, 03:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Photobucket I think now require a fee to hotlink images. They also resize them. If I'd used PB to host the pic I put up, it would be half the size making it pretty useless. Images in this thread if they are to be grabbed by people as wallpapers, need to be wallpaper sized!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.22.2017, 06:33 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
makc
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.12.16
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

forget photobucket, just use imgur. anonymous uploads, can withstand reddit traffic.

sometimes the hotlinking does not work, but then you can always go to their site and download directly from there.

An example:

(edit: removed the image because it fcks up the layout. I'm a bad guy, but even I have my limits. 👄mods)

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

Post last edited by makc on 09.14.2017, 07:54 AM.

08.22.2017, 06:06 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

deleted, see larger pic below...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.24.2017, 12:13 PM.

08.24.2017, 06:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Or is this what we are looking for???

08.24.2017, 07:25 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Big is good.

08.24.2017, 11:35 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

I shall delete the lesser one...

08.24.2017, 12:12 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Some Inspirational Humor

I couldn't make it bigger with out pixilating too much...

Post last edited by husky51 on 08.26.2017, 04:06 PM.

08.26.2017, 04:00 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Could we put the memes in another thread? This is "artwork, backgrounds, inspiration". I think no text on the images is a requirement for that category.

08.26.2017, 06:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Got it, I just couldn't resist the humor... prob better in the random thread...

08.27.2017, 04:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Sunrise over London's Tower Bridge

08.28.2017, 05:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makc Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was expecting you people can pull this one off without me.

It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so loving what - Stephen Fry.

09.12.2017, 03:22 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
makc
Ohmu

pixiv is good place to find anime-like art. here 's just a couple of things I have found in last 10 minutes:

this one even comes with tutorial.

09.14.2017, 07:52 AM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

The top one resonates a bit with me, a sailor, as a graveyard of ships...

09.14.2017, 10:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
makc
Ohmu

Have you seen latest pirates of the carribean? What do you think about Salazar ship?

Here's another one for you from pixiv:

09.14.2017, 12:02 PM makc is offline   Profile for makc Add makc to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

There are so many Pirates of the C... that I don't know which was the latest one...

I just finished watching "Up on Poppy Hill" again and this time realized that the ship that hit a mine in the film was an LST (Landing Ship, Tank) the same kind of ship that my local friend was on in Vietnam, slbeit a newer model. I grabbed some screenshots to show him tomorrow when I see him.

That ship in the picture is either a Destroyer or a Destroyer Frigate, not sure which. I was on a rocket launcher ship, USS Carronade IFS1 while homeported in Yokosuka, Japan.

09.14.2017, 05:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks