QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Name the movie/character game
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Name the movie/character game » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
That makes it From Up On Poppy Hill then but I still do not know the scene.

Another good guess, but again, no...

Last clue

Trains in a station
4 flights on a plane
One automobile in which one person is one of the characters of the riddle, but the driver is NOT

Kochi

12.21.2017, 09:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I will give it one more day...

Unless someone gets it right, the last person to guess will be it...

When I choose a quotation, I try to make it hard enough that you generally have to think 'red swim suit' hard about different possibilities with clues narrowing it down

Of course, the answer is easy for me... I chose it! lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 12.24.2017, 01:41 PM.

12.24.2017, 01:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

OK, the answer is when Rikako and Taku are having words with one another in the school hallway and slap each other. At one point Rikako yells "Everyone will look at us" at Taku in "Ocean Waves".

The last clue that I gave ' red swim suit' was hidden in the sentence in my last post. I even gave the city in the previous post ...

Since Saddles was the last to post a guess, he is it...

Your turn, Saddles...

12.25.2017, 01:05 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This thread generated more posts than I expected!

Since it's been several weeks since a reply, I'll go ahead and hop in...

"Hey! That's frog work."

01.13.2018, 11:39 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I think it was, "Spirited Away", had to think about who it was who said it. I believe that it was Rin when her and Sen (Chihiro) are tasked with cleaning an exceptionally filthy soaking tub...

That is my guess...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.14.2018, 12:57 AM.

01.14.2018, 12:56 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yep! You got it.

01.14.2018, 12:56 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, River Spirit

Whether Red wins or Blue wins, both sides still lose!

01.14.2018, 01:53 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Porco Rosso maybe? Someone saying it during the fight between Curtis and Porco at the end?

01.14.2018, 06:30 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Sorry, NC. Not the fighting involved...

01.14.2018, 08:22 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

1st clue:

Earth movers...

01.17.2018, 09:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

2nd Clue:

Parade...

01.18.2018, 05:41 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

3rd clue...

transformation

This should give the movie away, but who said it?

01.20.2018, 08:10 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think this is Pom Poko but I can't pinpoint the quote.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.20.2018, 12:07 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

The character is usually the hardest, lol

I'll give it one more day

Saddles, you are correct, it is Pom Polo..

Last clue:

It is said within the first five minutes of the movie... Which should narrow it down a bit...

If no one figures out the name, Saddles will be the next victi.. uh, IT!...

01.20.2018, 12:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Saddles is the winner of this round...

The character is Fireball Groku... When the two bands of Tanaki are fighting at the start of the movie and the outcome is going back and forth, Fireball marchs out into the field of battle banging a drum and telling the Tanaki that they shouldn't be fighting each other, but the developments going on around them...

01.21.2018, 02:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I find it impossible to tell one character from another in that film and can never recall their names.

I'm out of ideas right now so I'll hand the baton over to someone else.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

01.21.2018, 08:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Anyone???

First come... First served... lol

01.22.2018, 01:22 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

With no one else making an entry, I'll do another one....

"Well, we've got a lot of work to do"

Name of movie and character should be relatively easy to figure out...

02.02.2018, 04:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
sunhuntin
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.30.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sunhuntin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

grandma sophie, howls moving castle?

02.03.2018, 12:54 AM sunhuntin is offline   Profile for sunhuntin Add sunhuntin to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

good try, but no go...

02.03.2018, 03:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks