QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - GHIBLI CUP 2019 Discussion
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Cup » GHIBLI CUP 2019 Discussion » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  GHIBLI CUP 2019 DiscussionPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Discuss the 2019 Ghibli Cup here! This is the place to come for asking questions and posting your comments, predictions, etc. Have fun!

12.17.2018, 09:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Draco
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.15.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Draco Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Is this the very first cup? If not, where are the results of past cups?

12.17.2018, 09:44 AM Draco is offline   Profile for Draco Add Draco to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, this is the first! I thought of it some time ago, but I just recently decided to go ahead and do it.

12.17.2018, 06:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Draco
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.15.18
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Draco Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good idea Boss!

12.17.2018, 06:07 PM Draco is offline   Profile for Draco Add Draco to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The groups have now been announced! http://www.onlineghibli.com/tavern/threa...17&page=1#3

TETO GROUP
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Only Yesterday
Howl's Moving Castle
The Cat Returns
When Marnie Was There

YUPA GROUP
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
My Neighbour Totoro
From Up on Poppy Hill
The Wind Rises
Ponyo
Arrietty

OHMU GROUP
Princess Mononoke
Spirited Away
Ocean Waves
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
Tales from Earthsea
Pom Poko

KUSHANA GROUP
Whisper of the Heart
Porco Rosso
Kiki's Delivery Service
Grave of the Fireflies
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
My Neighbours the Yamadas

Any thoughts on who has a good chance of success?

12.19.2018, 05:58 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

I updated the voting rules post to include a new tiebreaker rule for the final.

01.06.2019, 06:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have made my selection in the first round..

I used all of the entries as I have seen all of them many times, with the exception of "Grave of the Fireflies' which I have seen once.

If I made my entries wrong, please let me know. When this was first listed, I thought that we would be choosing only two in each group, but upon re-reading the rules, I read it to mean that we use ALL that we have seen in order of preference, whatever the reason...

Have fun all!

01.11.2019, 10:54 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Yeah husky, you did it right!

By the way, I think I'll rearrange the forum so this appears on the main page. Maybe after the tournament ends I'll put it back here out of the way, but it's annoying me that you have to go and look to see if there are new posts.

01.11.2019, 09:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
schizboot
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.14.19
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by schizboot Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi guys! I'm new and wanted to introduce myself I haven't used a forum in probably over a decade, so this is an awesome throw-back. Hmm... okay maybe just a fun fact or two about me. The most recent anime I've started watching is season 2 of Mob Psycho. I'm originally from the US but now I live in Japan (#living the nerd dream).

I'm excited to vote on these movies!! Do you have any recommendations for what to do if I haven't seen all of them?

01.14.2019, 09:31 AM schizboot is offline   Profile for schizboot Add schizboot to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, schizboot! ^.^ Hope you'll like it here.

If you haven't seen one (or more), you just leave it out.

My Anime List

01.14.2019, 03:14 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Welcome to the Tavern, schizboot, Hoping you enjoy it here... again Welcome...

01.14.2019, 04:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

Ok, made my choices in the second round.. Made a few changes, but left one grouping as is...

01.14.2019, 04:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Welcome! If you're worried about having to leave a lot out, you also don't need to vote in every group.

01.15.2019, 03:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

The group stage is over! Results are posted in the information thread and the individual group threads.

Next, quarter final 1 (Only Yesterday v Laputa) and quarter final 2 (Spirited Away v Princess Kaguya) will go from tomorrow until Monday! These will be regular polls.

01.17.2019, 06:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Quarter finals 1 and 2 have begun. Please note that these polls will close automatically 3 days from the time they were posted, so be careful to get your vote in on time!

01.18.2019, 04:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Not that it will change the results in Quarter final one, but I cast my vote for 'Only Yesterday' on the first day and yet it does not seem to have appeared???

01.21.2019, 06:51 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Oh, that's weird... If you have any problems in the next polls, see if you can try again to vote, and contact me if it still doesn't work. I don't know if there's anything I can do to fix the poll system, but I could maybe change the voting method if there are issues with the polls.

01.21.2019, 07:41 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you, arren...

01.21.2019, 02:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

The remaining quarter finals are now live! Again, make sure you turn up in time to vote!

01.22.2019, 04:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

No problems this time... I saw and clicked the 'vote' button this time...

Eyeglasses? What eyeglasses? I don' need no stinkin' eyeglasses!

(for you young folks, I'm paraphrasing a quote from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" starring Humphrey Bogart...)

yeah, yeah, like it says I'm da 'Old Guy'...

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.22.2019, 01:00 PM.

01.22.2019, 12:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks