QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Howl's moving castle.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Howl's moving castle. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.06.19
Howl's moving castle. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by chipstroup Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When will it be availagle for streaming?

05.06.2019, 06:20 PM chipstroup is offline   Profile for chipstroup Add chipstroup to your buddy list
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think it will be anytime soon. From what I've heard none of Ghibli's movies are available for streaming (with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions).

It's kind of fitting that this studio would embrace physical media like DVDs. But it's also a missed opportunity. If people are desperate they're going to get these movies online anyway, so it would be economically beneficial for Ghibli to just make them available on a legitimate site.

05.20.2019, 08:56 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am not sure what server they are using, but my Grand-daughters are Ghibli Studio fans and seem to be able to access any of them thru their TV set-up. I also believe that they are available thru the Netflix TV service that I watch other Anime on...

05.21.2019, 12:47 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think Netflix has any Ghibli films, but that might depend on your region.

05.21.2019, 06:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
I don't think Netflix has any Ghibli films, but that might depend on your region.

I may have mis-stated this. I have scanned the Netflix anime list looking for Ghibli's and nothing comes up, except in their DVD files...

05.21.2019, 01:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks