QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Princess Mononoke - wondering...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Princess Mononoke - wondering... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Princess Mononoke - wondering...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey all,
I was wondering...I watched and loved the DVD of Princess Mononoke...however as I was watching the short featurette found on the DVD, it showed clips from the movie...but the clips dialogue (english dub) was different from that of the dialogue in the movie. For instance; when San is holding Akitasha's blade to his throat...he says in the featurette - 'So lovely' which I think works great. However in the DVD movie he says 'Your beautiful' ; which is good but didn't flow as nicely I thought.

Another thing I noticed was in the featurette, the scene with Moro speaking to Akitasha on the rock...Gillian Anderson sounded very convincing, very fluid, and it was very impressive. However in the actual movie I felt that the inflection and such that Gillian used in that scene sounded more forced and choppy.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was perhaps another version out there that I don't know about? Or maybe the scenes were taken from the theatrical version and changed for the DVD?

Thanks in advance

01.18.2003, 09:40 PM  
echelon
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.22.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by echelon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think there was. I just think they felt the other lines seemed better. They had to be true to the translation.

BTW, why are you watching the dub anyway? Watch it in Japanese with subtitles.

01.19.2003, 07:19 PM echelon is offline   Profile for echelon Add echelon to your buddy list Homepage of echelon Add echelon to your contact list AIM Screenname: echelonrequiem YIM Screenname: jamesdazman
U.S.S. Speed
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by U.S.S. Speed Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agree /\/\

01.21.2003, 08:19 PM U.S.S. Speed is offline   Profile for U.S.S. Speed Add U.S.S. Speed to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
CAN SOMEONE ANSWER THIS?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HEY... IS THERE ANY OTHER PRINCESS MONONOKE MOVIE OUT THERE BESIDE THE ONE WHERE SAN PROTECT THE FORREST? BECAUSE ITS SOOOOO GOOD AND I WANNA WATCH THE REST OF THE VERSON IF THEY HAVE IT. THANX

01.26.2003, 07:53 PM  
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The us DVD release eats a whoke bowl full, it's missing 30 minutes of footage from the original!!!!!

Otaku Rant finished

02.13.2003, 01:31 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Melkor
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.18.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Melkor Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

really that sucks

02.18.2003, 07:04 AM Melkor is offline   Profile for Melkor Add Melkor to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks