QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Ghibli Theme Park
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Ghibli Theme Park » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
GhibliFanatic
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.13.20
  Ghibli Theme ParkPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibliFanatic Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just read Ghiblis new year's message that mentions that they are building a Ghibli Theme Park (to be opened in 2022)! The museum is great, but - let's be honest - Ghibli Park sounds like much more fun.

01.13.2020, 04:50 AM GhibliFanatic is offline   Profile for GhibliFanatic Add GhibliFanatic to your buddy list Homepage of GhibliFanatic
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember hearing about that some time ago, but I've forgotten the details. I definitely knew there were theme park plans though.

01.13.2020, 06:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wish that I still lived in Japan. I never got to see the Museum and now, I'll probably miss out on the Park...

Welcome to the Tavern GhibliFanatic! Things are a bit slow around here due mainly to the slowdown of activity from the Studio and a number of members check in now and then, but there are a few of us old die hards still around...

Again, Welcome...

01.13.2020, 12:46 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I guess this is an active plan that Studio Ghibli is pursuing.

However i would have preferred if they tried to find a way to be actively making film. But if i think about properly it might be a good way to finance the movie. This way they dont need to care that much if some of the movies bombed. It took decade of experience and 3 movies(Cagliostro, Nausicaa and Laputa) to make Miyazaki. I dont think anyone else got that many chance. Yes definitely the films did well but i dont think anyone will compare these to later works directly. Yonebayashi maybe was 2 shots. He did well, maybe not upto the marks of the masters. But i want Studio Ghibli to take more chances. Look at PIXAR they have so many movies.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 01.18.2020, 01:01 PM.

01.18.2020, 01:00 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

From what I can remember, I seem to think a part of why they haven't made any films lately was the lack of availability of people that would be involved in the production. That would also explain why Miyazaki's new film is taking a while to come to fruition.

Anyway, the park is still pretty far from being ready. I had a quick look and this was the most recent information I could find:
https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/what-...opening-in-2022

It's basically just expanding on what's already there (the Totoro house) and I think that makes sense, because as it stands that's not a very well-known attraction.

01.18.2020, 07:08 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I only saw this on the internet, it is beautiful!

03.09.2020, 01:53 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Increases my desire to be there in person which, unfortunately, is not likely to happen... sigh... I can only hope to observe, vicariously, by long distance... lol

03.09.2020, 02:53 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Updates on the construction and opening plans: https://www.slashfilm.com/studio-ghibli-...ning-date-2022/

07.24.2020, 07:46 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Thank you for the update, arren... Looks very interesting...

07.25.2020, 12:29 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Any updates about the theme park?

09.24.2020, 08:32 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I had a little look just now, but it doesn't seem as if there's been any more news lately. I expect that under the current circumstances, things aren't moving forward very quickly.

09.25.2020, 04:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

It's been a while, but we actually have some significant updates on this now! Apart from some news trickling out about what stuff they're going to have at the park, today we also got an opening date - the first three areas will be opening this November!

https://twitter.com/GhibliTavern/status/1486647799387205633

01.27.2022, 06:45 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Since the last news I shared about the Ghibli Park, there have been a few updates on ticket prices and things. The latest is that one of the areas which was meant to open next year, mainly featuring things from Kiki's Delivery Service and Howl's Moving Castle, is being put off a bit longer so they can spend more time on the details: https://twitter.com/GhibliTavern/status/1532331521268453377

So right now, the first three areas are still supposed to open in November, then another area next year, and the last part some time later.

06.02.2022, 04:09 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

The Ghibli Park (or the first three out of five areas anyway) officially opens tomorrow!
https://twitter.com/GhibliTavern/status/...craNxQ64izETXJA

10.31.2022, 05:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
iwatchmovies
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 10.09.22
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by iwatchmovies Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I want to go there sometime. Maybe next year

11.03.2022, 12:05 AM iwatchmovies is offline   Profile for iwatchmovies Add iwatchmovies to your buddy list Homepage of iwatchmovies
arren18
Administrator

I would love to go, but I think it'll be a while before it's realistic for me. Maybe by that time they'll have opened more of the different areas though.

11.03.2022, 06:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

The first of the additional areas is now open! https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2023/...hemed-area.html

11.02.2023, 04:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Sheesh!!! Approaching the front of that Okkoto would scare the heck oughta me if I was a small kid!!! lol

Heck, if I'd had a few, It would SCARE ME!!! lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.02.2023, 07:10 PM.

11.02.2023, 07:08 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Haha, I also found it a bit funny that they chose such an intimidating design for a children's slide.

11.03.2023, 04:26 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Oh, an update I forgot to post: the fifth and final area opened on Saturday! https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2024/...to-public.html?

Today they also started exhibiting The Boy and the Heron's Oscar.

03.20.2024, 09:51 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks