QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Aya and the Witch
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Aya and the Witch » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Aya and the WitchPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some screenshots (maybe not final renders) have emerged from the recently-announced TV movie Aya and the Witch. As it's 3DCG, the new style of it feels a bit odd to me personally, but we'll see how things look when a trailer comes out.

You can see the images here: https://natalie.mu/comic/news/383967

06.22.2020, 11:33 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks interesting... Hope I'll be able to watch it...

06.23.2020, 04:43 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah... I'm really not feeling the 3D. And medium aside, the characters aren't very appealing to me, it looks like it's aimed pretty squarely at a young audience. I'll look out for the trailer, but might end up giving this one a miss.

My Anime List

06.23.2020, 09:02 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

By the way, I also noticed that IMDb lists a pretty short running time: 82min. I'm not sure where that information came from, but it does make me wonder a bit if this is being made for the sake of having something to put out while production on Hayao's new film drags on... I'll stay open-minded though.

06.23.2020, 06:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
River Spirit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.24.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by River Spirit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The visuals really are odd for a Ghibli film. Apparently Goro is trying to artistically distance himself even further from his father.

06.23.2020, 11:34 PM River Spirit is offline   Profile for River Spirit Add River Spirit to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The only animation company got the 3D animation right is PIXAR. They have a soft cudly look in their characters. All other stuff looks too sharp to me, doesn't look nice. However all that matters is the story. Hope the story is good.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

06.24.2020, 11:17 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.slashfilm.com/studio-ghibli-...-release-gkids/

We have a vague overseas release date now! It isn't clear to me what the distribution method will be in the US, but maybe that will depend on the situation at that time.

07.08.2020, 06:55 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Looks interesting. I agree with you regarding the 3DCG

09.24.2020, 08:30 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hopefully, I can watch this and that the story would be nice.

10.01.2020, 05:51 AM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Post deleted by author... Me! Husky

Post last edited by husky51 on 10.01.2020, 08:52 PM.

10.01.2020, 11:30 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

husky... I think you may have confused this for a different thread.

10.01.2020, 12:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

You are right, arren... I am correcting it!

Thank you

10.01.2020, 08:48 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

First updates in a while!

https://soranews24.com/2020/11/13/studio...l-premier-date/

We now have the exact airing date, the voice cast and some details about the setting. Not much else about the content yet though, and I'm not quite sure if there will be a regular cinema run in Japan following the TV debut.

11.13.2020, 08:22 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Seeing the 'stills' didn't strike any chords with me and I don't know why, I can't put it into words. I sat here for about 10 minutes trying to come up with words to describe what I was feeling. I can only hope that when, if ever, it is shown over here that I will get to see it. I have great expectations for this latest Ghibli product and will hold any further comment until I can see, at the very least, a trailer in order to get a feel for the animation...

11.13.2020, 12:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

its sharp. That's the problem with japanese 3d animation.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

11.13.2020, 02:03 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
arren18
Administrator

I'd like to wait and see a trailer too. I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet, especially since it airs so soon. Then again, I wonder if it just isn't getting a regular trailer because of the nonstandard release.

11.13.2020, 07:34 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

That could very well be...

11.13.2020, 09:23 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by saviour2012
its sharp. That's the problem with japanese 3d animation.

I don't recall ever having seen any Japanese 3D animation myself...

11.13.2020, 10:04 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

I should have spotted this sooner! A trailer was released last week. See what you think: https://www6.nhk.or.jp/anime/special/special.html?i=10070

12.10.2020, 08:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

I'm making an assumption that this is referring to a release in Japan, rather than worldwide, which would be a tremendously difficult endeavor, IMO...

12.10.2020, 01:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks