QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - metropolis
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » metropolis » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.26.05
metropolisPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seathe Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i was wodering if any 1 has seen metropolis and if it was a good movie becuase i havent seen it yet and i was wounderin if it was good to watch or a wast of money.

12.26.2005, 06:22 AM seathe is offline   Profile for seathe Add seathe to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Three words: Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Osamu Tezuka is brilliant. He started making manga and anime since he was a child! This was the height of his work. The CG in it is devastating, layer upon layer went into some of these scenes. You grow attached to the characters and the plot really screws around with the characters so choose sides early . I love it, havn't purchased it yet but I will VERY soon. 5 stars.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.15.2006, 02:22 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i've seen it and its pretty strange lol but i would really go out and buy it though cause it aint really my type of film

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

03.15.2006, 11:13 AM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I must admit the first time I saw it, I wasn't that impressed...but further viewings changed my mind.
It is a truly beautiful looking film, Osamu Tezuka has put his very individual animation style on all the characters, and as it's written by Katsuhiro Otomo, it has an awesome story (I think that this film illustrates how he went from Akira to Steamboy).
The music is wonderful (reminissant of Belleville Rendez-Vous, which may not be anime, but is an awesome animation), and quite how Tezuka has managed to make a futuristic metropolis feel 1920's is beyond me, but it works on every level.
The film is touching and political, and the scene where Tima takes her place in the Zigurrat is pant-wettingly beautiful. Don't waste another second of your life, go and watch this movie immediately!!
Another plus is that this film is jam-packed with robots...and I bloody love robots!! YAY ROBOTS!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.14.2006, 11:10 PM.

05.14.2006, 11:38 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

metropolis to me was very weird at first it had a very good concept to it i loved it when i actually saw the movie i had some doubts about it before and i might not have watched it if shiawase hadnt showed it to me. i was really surprised by it .

05.16.2006, 07:57 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks