QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Grave of the Fireflies monument
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Grave of the Fireflies monument » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Grave of the Fireflies monumentPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Earlier this summer, a monument for Grave of the Fireflies was opened in the city I live in, as it's one of the story's main settings. A couple of weeks ago I got round to going to see it, and I took some pictures.

The writing on the stones mostly gives a plot summary of the story, and some details about the life of Nosaka Akiyuki, the original author.

08.30.2020, 09:47 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you, arren, I may try and watch it again...

08.30.2020, 01:57 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The monument is very small and probably only worth checking out if you're nearby, but I thought it would be a shame to move away without managing to see it before leaving.

08.31.2020, 09:11 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't wat to go to Japan to see all of these wonderful places

09.24.2020, 08:34 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I never heard of this. Now that I know, it's good to take some time to visit the place.

10.01.2020, 05:53 AM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks