QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Overcoming Free-time Boredom During COVID-19
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Overcoming Free-time Boredom During COVID-19 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Overcoming Free-time Boredom During COVID-19Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Although many states are reopening their leisure industries, many people feel the safer route and more thoughtful route in preventing the spread of COVID-19 is to follow advice by staying home. How do you overcome boredom during these times?

10.16.2020, 11:42 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

By not having any free time LOL

jokes aside, recently i have been playing my older games to refresh my memory, I can now run those at hundreds of frames per second with added effects on top.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

10.16.2020, 01:36 PM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

For myself, I watch some TV and movies; color in mandalas (some of which haVE TAKEN ME 30-40 HOURS TO COMPLETE... I do them online, but not usually the ones where you click a space with a color and the whole space is colored. I prefer the ones where you have to color in each space with the online stylus... Or I go to a local park with a hamburger and soda and spend hours just reading... Especially good on a hot day with a light breeze, parked in the shade of some trees...

I did a lot of studying over the propositions available in the elections and made my choices even the Presidental elections... I won't say WHO I voted for (there were more than two) But I did NOT vote for the orange haired jerk... A US President, IMO, should have some honor and character and he has none, again IMO... No more will be said on the matter and we'll see how it goes...

10.16.2020, 04:58 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
For myself, I watch some TV and movies; color in mandalas (some of which haVE TAKEN ME 30-40 HOURS TO COMPLETE... I do them online, but not usually the ones where you click a space with a color and the whole space is colored. I prefer the ones where you have to color in each space with the online stylus... Or I go to a local park with a hamburger and soda and spend hours just reading... Especially good on a hot day with a light breeze, parked in the shade of some trees...

I did a lot of studying over the propositions available in the elections and made my choices even the Presidental elections... I won't say WHO I voted for (there were more than two) But I did NOT vote for the orange haired jerk... A US President, IMO, should have some honor and character and he has none, again IMO... No more will be said on the matter and we'll see how it goes...

You really did great making use of your free time

11.03.2020, 05:58 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rompglide

You really did great making use of your free time

I also spend some of my time working on local history in my city as a historian... I get questions from people about about different aspects of our history and the businesses and people that were once active around here... I received an email from the local representative about a meeting on Nov 12 about the future use of a stagecoach museum in town, with stagecoachs and other implements from history, the possible addition of further exhibits and usage of the expansive grounds surrounding the buildings.

The meeting will be held outdoors, with social distancing in mind, by the County Parks and Recreation Dept.

And of course, I come to the Tavern at least 2 or 3 times a day to see what's going on... heh heh heh, I don't always post, but I like coming by...

Post last edited by husky51 on 11.04.2020, 11:28 AM.

11.04.2020, 11:24 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
LucyMoore
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.29.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LucyMoore Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Can I still add to this thread? Hawaii LLC
If you're like all my arts- and entertainment-loving friends these days, you've been sitting in your home enjoying some aspects of self-isolation (the chance to read a book, for instance) but craving your fix of theatre or music. I am this kind of person.

12.29.2020, 12:52 PM LucyMoore is offline   Profile for LucyMoore Add LucyMoore to your buddy list Homepage of LucyMoore
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, LucyMoore

I do miss going to the Movie Theater's, but I do have my DVD's and also CD's for music... As for reading, I have ALWAYS been a reader and miss the library not being open, but I often go to a local park and sit in my SUV and read...Novels if I can get them, my magazines if I run out...

12.29.2020, 03:24 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Welcome to the Tavern, LucyMoore

I do miss going to the Movie Theater's, but I do have my DVD's and also CD's for music... As for reading, I have ALWAYS been a reader and miss the library not being open, but I often go to a local park and sit in my SUV and read...Novels if I can get them, my magazines if I run out...

same here, I also miss going to movie theaters as well as the library too

12.29.2020, 04:03 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I play video games, I watch movies, I read and do other stuff to keep me busy.

01.11.2021, 03:39 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Welcome to the Tavern, KaliAce...

01.11.2021, 09:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks