QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Choose the 2021 host
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Cup » Choose the 2021 host » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: What should be the host for the Ghibli Cup 2021? (See post for explanation.)
My Neighbour Totoro 1 20.00%
Only Yesterday 1 20.00%
From Up On Poppy Hill 3 60.00%
Total: 5 Votes 100%

Author
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Choose the 2021 hostPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

After being a bit too busy and lazy, I've now got around to making a poll for picking the "host" for the upcoming Ghibli Cup. The winner will bypass the qualifying round in December (and make the numbers easier for me to work with ) and go into the group stage as a top seed, so I've avoided shortlisting anything that's already near the top of the rankings. It will also be the theme for the group names and the tournament logo.

Note that this isn't necessarily just about choosing your favourite, but more about which you think would be most suitable. With that in mind, take a look at the case for picking each one:

My Neighbour Totoro (current ranking: 7, eliminated in the group stage last time)
Obviously a popular symbol of Studio Ghibli. Also, last year it did end up getting the most votes after I'd already broken the tie, so it probably deserves another shot.

Only Yesterday (current ranking: 8, eliminated in the group stage last time)
2021 is the 30th anniversary of Only Yesterday. Apart from that, it's a chance to pick a Takahata film after two Miyazakis in a row.

From Up On Poppy Hill (current ranking: 15, did not qualify last time)
2021 is the 10th anniversary of its release. As it's fairly low in the rankings, it would also benefit more from the perks of being a host.

Feel free to post comments if you have any! The poll will be open until next Sunday (22nd) and after that I'll post some more details about the competition.

11.13.2020, 12:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just posting as a reminder that there's still a few days to go. There is already a surprisingly clear leader though!

11.20.2020, 04:53 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Time's up!

Looks like the host will be From Up On Poppy Hill - not what I would have expected, but that's fine with me! I'll be posting some more information about the Ghibli Cup soon, including the schedule and logo.

11.22.2020, 05:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks