QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - How to Get Through Christmas
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » How to Get Through Christmas » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  How to Get Through ChristmasPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is going to be the loneliest ever for me. With my family parents and siblings living in another state, I would be spending it alone at home. We will be having a video chat celebration and maybe I'll be spending my time watching Ghibli films after. How would you spend Christmas this year?

12.21.2020, 09:00 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Up to keep things moving around here

12.21.2020, 05:48 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Likely at home watching TV or online or sitting in my van at the park reading or a combination of all three or whatever may come up in the meantime... Maybe even chatting with some of my Grandkids on my phone...

12.21.2020, 06:47 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fortunately I managed to come and visit my mum for Christmas just before the restrictions tightened up again. It's only really because I'm a student that I think this is still within the rules... Anyway, I haven't seen her in a year and a LOT has happened since, so I don't think we could've really put it off longer. So we'll try to have a nice time together, just doing the usual kind of family stuff at home.

12.23.2020, 03:43 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Fortunately I managed to come and visit my mum for Christmas just before the restrictions tightened up again. It's only really because I'm a student that I think this is still within the rules... Anyway, I haven't seen her in a year and a LOT has happened since, so I don't think we could've really put it off longer. So we'll try to have a nice time together, just doing the usual kind of family stuff at home.

That's great, happy that you were able to visit your mom. There are so many ways to get connected even when isolated.

12.27.2020, 07:30 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
Likely at home watching TV or online or sitting in my van at the park reading or a combination of all three or whatever may come up in the meantime... Maybe even chatting with some of my Grandkids on my phone...

that's good, at least you always have something to do.

12.29.2020, 04:00 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
poncholumps
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.23.20
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by poncholumps Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by rompglide
This is going to be the loneliest ever for me. With my family parents and siblings living in another state, I would be spending it alone at home. We will be having a video chat celebration and maybe I'll be spending my time watching Ghibli films after. How would you spend Christmas this year?

In the same situation, we celebrated Christmas virtually with my family

01.04.2021, 12:07 PM poncholumps is offline   Profile for poncholumps Add poncholumps to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

Let's just all hope that next Christmas will not be spent virtually again.

01.04.2021, 02:44 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I agree with that, Romp!!!

01.04.2021, 07:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was lucky enough to have spent Christmas with my family. Does your family live in another country or state?

Post last edited by KaliAce on 01.19.2021, 09:14 AM.

01.11.2021, 03:37 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
rompglide
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by KaliAce
I was lucky enough to have spent Christmas with my family. Does your family live in another country or state?

yes, they are, that's why I was alone at home last Christmas. But we celebrated virtually and it was also fun.

01.20.2021, 09:22 AM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks