QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Spring Has Sprung
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Spring Has Sprung » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
rompglide
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.07.17
  Spring Has SprungPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey everyone, it's already spring here in my location and I am so happy. Spring is my favorite season of all because of the fresh air and the warm weather. I can't wait to have a walk around the neighborhood and admire the beauty of nature. Do you also like spring? What are the things that you love to do during this season?

03.22.2021, 05:24 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spring is probably my favourite season, partly because in the places I've lived, it tends to have the nicest weather. It probably helps that it means winter is over too.

03.24.2021, 04:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yes, the best part is winter is over. Do you have any plans this spring?

03.24.2021, 12:08 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love spring too, it feels like everything comes back to life. Flowers have started to bloom - snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils, some pretty primulas in our garden, too (below). I saw my first lambs of the year yesterday.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 03.24.2021, 03:35 PM.

03.24.2021, 03:35 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Where I live is in a Pass between two mountain ranges and I am at an elevation of about 2,350 feet, so that this Winter i have had a number of nights of below freezing qnde my house heater is in the kitchen while there is only a small electric heater in my bedroom, so yes, I am glad that Spring is here. It is the transition between below freezing weather and HOT Summer weather of upwards of 116+F degrees heat. I am also only 20 miles from hot Death Valley... lol

03.24.2021, 05:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by rompglide Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A lot of people loves spring, here are some of the reasons why https://www.tulipandsage.com/favourite-things-about-spring/

03.30.2021, 03:48 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love the smell of Sage...

03.30.2021, 07:27 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
KaliAce
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.21
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by KaliAce Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love the smell of fresh-cut grass in spring

04.16.2021, 04:45 PM KaliAce is offline   Profile for KaliAce Add KaliAce to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love the smell of napalm in the morning

[sorry, couldn't resist]

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.20.2021, 03:39 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

hahahaha "Apocalypse Now" Reminds me of the PBR boats that were featured in that movie...

Search 'Vietnam Veteran's Unit Memorial' and there will be a photo of three boats on pedestal's... The boat on the right is a 'PBR' (Patrol boat, River), the boat in the middle is a 'PCF' (Patrol Craft, Fast) usually just referred to as a 'Swift Boat' and the one on left is a 'CCB' (Combat Command Boat) Used to accompany similar boats up a river and landing troops on the bank at some point, making a sudden strike on an enemy position... The troops attached tyo these Navy troop carrying boats were members of the USArmy 9th Infantry.

For the last 20 years, once a month, weather and health permitting, I went down to the Navy Base in Coronado, Ca and did volunteer work on restoring and later maintenance work on the CCB boat with a number of other volunteers... To see more of this boat, search "CCB-18"

05.20.2021, 10:29 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
rompglide
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I love the smell of Sage...

I love the smell of sage too

05.28.2021, 12:58 PM rompglide is offline   Profile for rompglide Add rompglide to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I had a small plant in my front lawn, but The guy who mowsa my front yard has a helper one day and he mangled my poor Sage... Smelled nice for awhile, but what with the drought, it never recovered...

05.29.2021, 12:20 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I guess we should really be moving away from spring by now. Honestly it hasn't felt like summer is coming here though. It's been pretty cold for May. How's it been where everyone else is?

05.29.2021, 04:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It has been a cold and miserable May, but the weather's finally turning now. We let the fire go out yesterday, at last. Going to be about 20C and sunny over the next few days, so we're having our first barbecue of the year tomorrow. I am excited.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 05.29.2021, 09:15 AM.

05.29.2021, 09:15 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

It hit 38 just 20 miles east of me a few time in the last two weeks, 27 and 28 here during the same times, but a normal summer day can hit 46, easily... I'm using celcius here..

05.29.2021, 09:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

38?? I'll pass on that.

It has finally been better here in the last couple of days though! I wouldn't mind having a barbecue too but we'll see what happens.

05.30.2021, 05:25 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

That's what I get for living next to the Mojave Desert...

I worked some security jobs sitting in my van, surrounded by sand watching over Hi-tension wire towers, protecting the construction equipment in temps of 49... Which wasn't so bad when I could keep my windows open...

BUT, if the wind started blowing I had to roll my windows up tight to keep the blowing sand out... Then it got REALLY hot inside that van... lol... Thankfully, that is usually only in the summertime and not every day...

Of course, then there were the time I worked a job watching over a set OF 10 model homes a few miles south of my city and I'd be there for 24 hrs, for up to 4 days in a row... From early morning to about 5pm I had to be generally visible to keep trespassers out as the property was in litigation and I slept in a trailer at night with occasional walks around the property. What was nice about it was being able to cool off in the pool in back of one of the houses.

05.30.2021, 09:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

We did finally have a barbecue yesterday! Getting the fire going was a bit tough, but it was still pretty fun.

06.13.2021, 06:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Had BBQ chicken and ribs yesterday at my granddaughters place (we were celebrating their promotions in school. I'm watching the weather forecast now and it is saying a temp of 44c on Wednesday and that's for HERE!... Palm Springs is forecast for just under 49c... funsies, lol

Yep, SUMMER is definitely here!!! ;

Post last edited by husky51 on 06.13.2021, 10:22 PM.

06.13.2021, 10:17 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Wow...

Here it was in the low 20s yesterday and that was the hottest it's been all year so far. I don't miss the intense summer heat of Japan (like mid-30s) but I wouldn't mind a bit more sustained summery weather here.

06.14.2021, 01:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks