QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Nausicaa
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Nausicaa » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  NausicaaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Anyone have any clue as to whether Nausicaa will be released on DVD, dubbed in english?

01.19.2003, 08:19 PM  
usagi
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.31.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by usagi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

what is nausicaa?

01.25.2003, 07:00 AM usagi is offline   Profile for usagi Add usagi to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa is....the star of Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. The popular manga title and movie which has brought much acclaim to Mr Miyazaki...

01.26.2003, 03:10 PM  
usagi
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.31.02
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by usagi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i see...

01.29.2003, 10:37 PM usagi is offline   Profile for usagi Add usagi to your buddy list
TrippleBeem
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by TrippleBeem Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa has been released in the States by New World Video, but it is a "horribly mangaled version" in which over 20 minutes of footage from the original Japanese version were cut. Miyazaki himself has urged American consumers to over look this version. As far as i know, Disney might own the current US distribution rights (oh the horror), but I havent heard any plans for a new DVD release...... Your best bet is to get a broadband conection and get on Kazaa and download an old Fansub copy. There is a decent fansub rip going around Kazaa as we speak... i've downloaded it.

Ryan

02.12.2003, 03:19 PM TrippleBeem is offline   Profile for TrippleBeem Add TrippleBeem to your buddy list AIM Screenname: ryankohl YIM Screenname: ryankohl
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nausicaa dvd release wont be for another few years, I am afraid.
the best way to follow actual proceedings about dvd release and so on should be by checking this internet-site from time to time:

www.nausicaa.net

mayumi

02.22.2003, 05:38 PM  
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks