QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Avatar,the last Airbender
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Avatar,the last Airbender » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.22.06
Avatar,the last AirbenderPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What do you think about this show?
What are your favorite characters?
Talk about" Avatar,the last Airbender" here^^

Post last edited by Tresi on 01.29.2006, 05:52 AM.

01.29.2006, 05:49 AM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is kinda childish. That's why they air it on YTV mornings. I think it's a small rip of Naruto. Young hero trains from childhood to save the village/nation. I don't like it very much as you can tell. >

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.15.2006, 01:54 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol they had like they whole 1st season in back to back episodes on austar a couple of months ago. i spent 4 hours watching half of the 1st series, & o sh*t did it leave me braindead for the rest of the day lol. ill never watch it again.

05.08.2006, 07:27 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Tresi
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*lol*
I only watched two episodes,but I think it´s nice drawn somehow...
Last year the show´d been quite famous...

05.08.2006, 05:23 PM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
Haku Fan Girl
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haku Fan Girl Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OMG. This show rocks. It disappoints me that they don't replay new episodes every weekend like they used to.

05.09.2006, 04:34 PM Haku Fan Girl is offline   Profile for Haku Fan Girl Add Haku Fan Girl to your buddy list
Tresi
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tresi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow,finally someone,who likes this show

05.10.2006, 09:31 AM Tresi is offline   Profile for Tresi Add Tresi to your buddy list
squall_leonhart
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by squall_leonhart Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think the show is actually pretty good it's hard to come up with a good show after all the other ones out there. i watched the first few episodes and thought that it could be a very good show it the creator doesn't add any bad plot points.

05.16.2006, 04:17 PM squall_leonhart is offline   Profile for squall_leonhart Add squall_leonhart to your buddy list
anumalik
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.06
  ok for younger viewers...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by anumalik Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Avatar is not so bad especially for younger viewers, who hope to have powers. The more popular anime such as the ones airing on adult swim can be a bit traumatizing for younglings. Avatar is sort of the bottle, before weaning younglins and putting them on more risque anime. I've seen Avatar a couple of times, and I thought they do a pretty good job. It is also interesting because Avatar in hindi means reincarnation, so with that knowledge I like to see what current cultures and languages develops in the show.

And I agree with you, it is quite disappointing that they don't air new shows.

Avatar has good sense of backgound and art, but it is not a very well developed plot with inctricate situations. But don't get me wrong, I do like seeing it once in a while.

...when I look at him
I can see a boy hidden in the depth of his piercing blue eyes,
a boy who is longing his freedom......

06.05.2006, 10:05 PM anumalik is offline   Profile for anumalik Add anumalik to your buddy list
lindseybermudez
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.07.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by lindseybermudez Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i love this show!! i dont care what anyone says, aing is my all time fav. he is so dumb!!

♥Boricua Anime Freak 4 Life♥

06.07.2006, 12:15 PM lindseybermudez is offline   Profile for lindseybermudez Add lindseybermudez to your buddy list Send an Email to lindseybermudez Homepage of lindseybermudez YIM Screenname: lindseybermudez@yahoo.com
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This show encapsulates all I despise about American animation!! It's a poor, weak, watered down piece of 'japanimation' (I think that's the term for shite artists desperately trying to leech off the success of anime!) This sort of drivvel is what kids nowadays think anime is, along with the flipping Teen Titans, that poxy Jackie Chan Adventures, and that awful, boring as hell Samurai Jack! Every second cartoon on Cartoon Network and Nick is some hideous piece of pseudo-Japanese rubbish, made by people who will never possess the talent or imagination needed to make a true piece of great anime!
As far as I'm concerned, all these American cartoon makers are nothing but parasites trying to sponge off of the new wave of interest in anime!

OK, rant over!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.17.2006, 07:00 PM.

06.17.2006, 06:56 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh....... I actually thought that this was a great series... I thought it was different from the other American rip-offs ~ except of course the level of animation. The drawings weren't as lively or encompasing as most Japanese animés, but avatars' storyline was good...

And as for teen titens and Jakie Chan adventures ~ I've seen some of both and they don't have anything like the amazingness of real animé.

What was the name of the girl water bender who follows Ang, along with her brother... she was so cute *blushes*

Hey, there are new smilies... ~ hehe, I like that one... sorry, off-topic...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.18.2006, 04:27 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks